Cheap hotels in Sinai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

im looking for some really cheap hotels or hostles to stay in sharm dahab or even nabq if its possible,cheap cheerful or even a tent

any ideas or links u can send me

The cheapest of Sharm could be booked over the Web from travel vacation sites. I can't recommend any though.

The cheapest of Dahab are very simple camps (shared bathrooms, no A/C, etc...). Prices start at like 4 or 5 Euro per night. Nothing to recommend really as these places don't have Web sites. If you just want a name, there's a camp in Dahab called Amasina Village. This is not a recommendation as I don't know anything about them.

im looking for some really cheap hotels or hostles to stay in sharm dahab or even nabq if its possible,cheap cheerful or even a tent
If you mean Nabq just north of Sharm airport then you're still in Sharm. If you mean Nabq Protectorate, there's no accommodation there. You can check one of Nabq Protectorate's pics at SCUBA diving vacations and liveaboard trips in the Red Sea (the one to the left).

Camel in the center of Naama bay has rooms from 28 euros and up. Sharms not that cheep anymore. If you can share with others it can get cheeper. google cameldive.

thanks for the links guys and advice guys... ive been to sharm a few times now and im sick of having to fork out for the hotel flight packages staying in those big hotels,, all i wanna do is dive so theres no need for a fancy hotel any more ,, im hoping to go to sharm at some stage over the next year and perhaps do dive master so i wanna go to sharm for a couple of weeks maybe to see what its like to stay there longer than a week or 2

im an open water diver i have 50 dives,,whats my next step towards becoming a dive master guys?? thanks very much for ur advice and would it be better for me to do it in sharm or over here in ireland,,,i would really like to livew and work in sharm as a diver,but in the next year or 2 not right away

im an open water diver i have 50 dives,,whats my next step towards becoming a dive master guys?? thanks very much for ur advice and would it be better for me to do it in sharm or over here in ireland,,,i would really like to livew and work in sharm as a diver,but in the next year or 2 not right away

Advanced, Rescue, EFR, then DM...
Better to do the DM course where you want to work, this gives the company a good chance to see how you work, attitude and how you fit with the rest of the team. If they have trained you they know you, better the devil you know...
50 dives is good, so many people just go straight through the courses without actually diving and getting experience.
Good idea is to go for an IDC center (Instructor Development Center) as they are teaching more leadership courses than most and have loads of courses running for you to sit in on. You also need a few weeks on the boat to learn how to run it well, as we have over 50 dive sites in sharm the more time you can spend on the course the better.

stephen
thanks very much for ur reply

i remember meeting a guy in the camel bar in april 08 and he was telling me that he was on idc when i went back again in september 08 he was still there and working but finished the idc as far as i know and i thought wouldnt that be such a cool thing to do,,spend the whole summer in sharm,imagine the stuff hes seen while diving,,

whats it like living and working in sharm,,is it hard work? are the hours long? do u get much down time?? thanks in advance

If you want cheap (diving and accomodation), definetely head to Dahab rather than Sharm. And by cheap I mean good value for money.

stephen

whats it like living and working in sharm,,is it hard work? are the hours long? do u get much down time?? thanks in advance

Sharms great, loads of good supermarkets with all the luxuries from home, great Bars and the old towns good for Egyptian food etc, Accommodation is plentiful and good quality. Best of all, most diving is from the boat, easy days.
Work wise you got to love the job, works not that hard but does take it out of you if you do too many days in a row. I try two weeks on the two days off. Days are long, 11 hours, but you get paid to do what you love doing anyway.
Then there is the Ras Mohammed National Park, Still one of the best sites in the red sea. A few days ago an old friend had a whale shark swim through a school of thousands of Giant Travaliers. The black tips are still there too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom