Dome port assembly for Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nishan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know the port body and extensions (if needed) for the Ikelite 8" dome port for the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens. Not sure which port body to use and if I need any extensions. None of the old posts seem to discuss the port body. I have to order online as there is no Ikelite dealer in Sri Lanka where I live and need to be sure about what to order.

Thanks in advance,

Nishan

Thanks!

Should mention that you have to change the locks too... the standard ones are too long with the shorter port body.

The port locks don't have to be changed on most housings... We've been using the "new-style" port locks since March 2006. The difference between old and new relates to overall height of the lock, not length.

The newer low-profile port locks are included with the #5510.10 port body.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

OK let me get this clear.

I just bought the 8" dome and port body and waiting for it to arrive via a friend. I currently have a housing for a Canon D350/Rebel XT that I bought in December 2007. Do I need to change the locks? From what I know I think the housing has the "new style" locks. Am I right?

Just need to verify as the closest Ikelite dealer is in Singapore!

The port locks don't have to be changed on most housings... We've been using the "new-style" port locks since March 2006. The difference between old and new relates to overall height of the lock, not length.

The newer low-profile port locks are included with the #5510.10 port body.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

I don't recall seeing those in the box :shakehead:

We've been shipping housings with shorter port locks since May 2006. I think it's safe to assume a housing purchased December '07 would have been produced after that time.

They are included with the port body, not to be confused with the dome assembly. If you did not receive them with the #5510.10 but do require them, you can call and request from the office at 317.923.4523.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

Thanks.

I bought my current housing from B&H in NY in December 2007 so am assuming it has the new lock. I have also ordered both the dome assembly and #5510.10 port body so then should be ok.

Cheers,

Nisha

Ok finally got my fish eye lens and 8" dome assembly and did a check out in the pool. But having trouble removing the port body from the port. I screwed it on as instructed in the manual and used it without a problem but could not take it apart afterwards. I didnt leave it on for long either as the instructions warned of it becoming difficult to remove if left on for a long period of time. Have had a few others try to unscrew it as well with no luck. Any advise?

Thanks in advance,

Nishan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom