Aow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skimphish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i found out today that my college has an AOW class. lucky for me, my scholarships pay for it! so now i get to be AOW certified for free! also included in the class is 6 open water dives. only hitch is you have to have you own gear. the only thing im missing is a BC, so i need to track one down.

sorry, im just so happy right now!

Ebay, sports, water sports, scuba, buoyancy compensators.

i found out today that my college has an AOW class. lucky for me, my scholarships pay for it! so now i get to be AOW certified for free! also included in the class is 6 open water dives. only hitch is you have to have you own gear. the only thing im missing is a BC, so i need to track one down.

sorry, im just so happy right now!

Cool, double check that your scholarship will pay for the class. Some have fine print that classes that do not count towards your degree are not covered. Also, double check that the class does not have cert fees (our university does). They may not be covered either.

BITD, my university required 3 hours of exercise and sports. I took scuba, mountaineering, and badminton (badminton was the hardest class).

Cool, double check that your scholarship will pay for the class. Some have fine print that classes that do not count towards your degree are not covered. Also, double check that the class does not have cert fees (our university does). They may not be covered either.

BITD, my university required 3 hours of exercise and sports. I took scuba, mountaineering, and badminton (badminton was the hardest class).
ya, i signed up today, and was told that everything was covered. i had to pay part of a lab fee (like $30 or something) but that was it. the cert fee is included. also, my mom took badminton in college, she too said it was the hardest class ever. so, ur not alone. lol
Great... what adventure dives can you choose?
this is all the description says

"Topics include underwater navigation, night, low visibility,
current, river and deep diving, stie evaluation, dive
planning, equipment, medical aspects and search and
recovery. Six open water dives are required during this
course."

the lab fee also covered one open water dive and all the classroom materials. ill get the whole story on friday (our first day of class) and figure out what we do for the other 5 dives.

and as for the BC, right now im not in the greatest position to buy a $300-500. I have to pay a $225 housing deposit (im moving to UWF in Jan.), $568 in damage i did to my dad's miata (backed into it with another car, stupid), and books (about $300). so i need to wait until my other scholarship check gets in (about $1100) so all that is paid for. then i can buy a BC. it cant just be one expense can it? i guess when it rains it pours. lol

ya, i signed up today, and was told that everything was covered. i had to pay part of a lab fee (like $30 or something) but that was it. the cert fee is included. also, my mom took badminton in college, she too said it was the hardest class ever. so, ur not alone. lol

this is all the description says

"Topics include underwater navigation, night, low visibility,
current, river and deep diving, stie evaluation, dive
planning, equipment, medical aspects and search and
recovery. Six open water dives are required during this
course."

the lab fee also covered one open water dive and all the classroom materials. ill get the whole story on friday (our first day of class) and figure out what we do for the other 5 dives.

and as for the BC, right now im not in the greatest position to buy a $300-500. I have to pay a $225 housing deposit (im moving to UWF in Jan.), $568 in damage i did to my dad's miata (backed into it with another car, stupid), and books (about $300). so i need to wait until my other scholarship check gets in (about $1100) so all that is paid for. then i can buy a BC. it cant just be one expense can it? i guess when it rains it pours. lol

Gotta love the college student's perspective on "when it rains it pours."

lol. well when you making $12/hr that is kinda pouring. lol. i guess i could be making a $1900 house payment, $500 in car license plates/registration, water, electricty, and gas bill like my parents are. that would be pouring. lol

lol. well when you making $12/hr that is kinda pouring. lol. i guess i could be making a $1900 house payment, $500 in car license plates/registration, water, electricty, and gas bill like my parents are. that would be pouring. lol

The latter part will come in due time---just be patient.......

Back
Top Bottom