Destin Reef Dive Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I met up with Puffer Fish today to do a couple of dives off the Sea Cobra. Sea Cobra is Scubatech's (Destin, FL) boat. Puffer Fish and I have been talking about our Canon G10 cameras through email. I used the dives today to pick his brain about our cameras, and underwater photography in general. A big thanks to Puffer Fish for his hospitality and help. Here are a few pictures from today using some of the things Puffer Fish and I spoke about.

First dive was on the Shoreline Reef, and the second dive was on the Main Bridge Rubble. Puffer Fish and I went to Callahans for some GREAT food as well as some great diving/photography conversations. Thanks again Jim! Great day of diving.

blennycloseup.jpg

moonjelly-1.jpg

toadfishagain.jpg

toadfishcloseup.jpg

urchinpost.jpg

urchincity.jpg

flounder-1.jpg

crabcloseup.jpg

damsel-1.jpg

twoblenny.jpg

urchinfishcropped.jpg

One More of This Guy....Couldn't Resist.
toadfish2.jpg

Great Pics! Is that a spire of bridge rubble with urchins? Where did you guys dive?

Wow, Ft Pickens isn't that clear lol. I just did my OW certification dives there last week. You can't even tell you're in the water. Awesome shots.

We dove Shoreline Reef, and the urchin picture is at the Main Stack of Bridge Rubble.

Great Pics! Is that a spire of bridge rubble with urchins? Where did you guys dive?

Thanks, the water wasn't really that clear today in Destin either. Just had to get real close to everything to eliminate the back scatter. My experience with Ft. Pickens has been that it is rarely clear. But, it is still a fun dive.

Wow, Ft Pickens isn't that clear lol. I just did my OW certification dives there last week. You can't even tell you're in the water. Awesome shots.

Yes, two Ikelite DS 51 strobes...they are not the strongest in the world....but good enough for macro stuff.

Glen: you using dual strobes on the G10 too?

Thanks, the water wasn't really that clear today in Destin either. Just had to get real close to everything to eliminate the back scatter. My experience with Ft. Pickens has been that it is rarely clear. But, it is still a fun dive.

Oh, yes. Had awesome dives. Got to see an octopus, arrowcrab (i think), lots of sheepshead and grouper, some of those black urchins like you have in your pic. I need to work on my fish ID skills though lol. Do you know what those small blue and yellow fish are called that you have in the one picture? I saw quite a few of those as well. They were the most colorful I got to see over there.

Yes, those are Damsels. There are many types of Damsels. They can also be aggressive at times...especially when spawning. There are a couple of good fish ID books available if you are interested.

Oh, yes. Had awesome dives. Got to see an octopus, arrowcrab (i think), lots of sheepshead and grouper, some of those black urchins like you have in your pic. I need to work on my fish ID skills though lol. Do you know what those small blue and yellow fish are called that you have in the one picture? I saw quite a few of those as well. They were the most colorful I got to see over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom