Daytona Beach Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted169

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have access to a house in Daytona Beach and am interested in diving that area of Florida. Please advise any salf water diving near Daytona. I can divew in fresh water here in Georgia in our lakes and quaries. I am an u/w photographer with 37 years of diving experinece from her to the oprient and back. I used to spear fish and may be interested in that activity again, but I would rather photograph others spearfishing than do it myself. If anybody has information avbout a good dive operation in the Daytona area and/or good dive sites there please post a reply

Don't even waste your time --Daytona has a bad thermocline 66 on the bottom and you are lucky if you find 5' of vis. your best bet is to travel south to jupiter or west palm. I go to wp to narcosis dive charters. hit me up when you are down maybe we will drive down together split gas. let me know

Don't even waste your time --Daytona has a bad thermocline 66 on the bottom and you are lucky if you find 5' of vis. your best bet is to travel south to jupiter or west palm. I go to wp to narcosis dive charters. hit me up when you are down maybe we will drive down together split gas. let me know

How far is it to West Palm or Jupiter and how long is the average drive time?
What can we expect to find when we get there?

I am going to be at the Daytona house for the entire wek of Thanksgiving and I was thinking of taking a few days and going to the Keys. I spent several 2 week to 1 month vacations there in the 90s. Loue Key Resort and Dive Operation is pretty good for the Area off Big Pine, cudjoe, and Ramrod. Maybe you would like to join me.

I have a 18 foot pontoon boat for use in the back country of the lower Keys that I could drag along, too. I have used boats from a pontoon to a 26 foot sailboat to a 25 foot Searay to dive that area in the past, but always in the summer months.
Do you think it is worth the time and trouble to drag my present pontoon boat from Atlanta metro area to dive this Thansgiving?

Hey Ted169 I'm in Melbourne which is about an hour south of Daytona. Not much diving up there but there are a few options here and a little farther south. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can figure something out. West palm/Jupiter are about 2 hours south from here and there a few places we can do some beach diving between here and there if you are interested, weather and visibility permitting of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom