Why do you dive?

What are the mean reasons you dive?

• I dive because I like the diving by itself

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • I dive because I enjoy what I see under water

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • I dive because of another reason (please indicate which reason!)

Votes: 23 21.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watersprite

Reaction score
OK, I figured out what kind of diver I am. I am a holiday diver!!! ;-(
I learned diving (both OW & Advanced OW) while travelling around the world last year so I had only been diving in tropical waters, until recently... I found that I had to be a tough girl and give diving in the cold and muddy waters in the Netherlands a try...

Well, the temperature of the water was no problem. OK, it was chilly, but it wasn’t THAT bad. The thing I found so disappointing was the “wild life”. :( On one dive I have seen – remain seated --- THREE fishes!!! This day was pretty bad for diving according the guys I went diving with, because there were too many people diving out there that day so the fishes decided to leave (yea, right....). :google:

Anyhow, the guys that took me diving here in the Netherlands are sort of “in love” with their equipment and they dive because they enjoy the diving (i.e. not diving to see interesting things under water). I, on the other hand, started diving because I enjoy the nature and all the life around me...

I’m just curious about what kind of divers there are on these forums? What are the mean reasons you dive?

Look forward to seeing what kind of diver you are! Thanks!

watersprite

I dive for the challenge of exploration (even if someone else found it first, its new to me). I love diving a wreck and touching a piece of history. I like it even better when its a wreck that requires some effort to reach.

When I go to the Carribean, I enjoy the diving. However, its just not the same. So I dive for relaxation.

I dive for the excitement of exploring the unknown on this planet. I have already seen 75% of the terrestrial world, now it's time to explore the 75% of the planet under the waves.

I am more interested in the unspoiled natural ocean reef environments where few people have gone before. Or, areas with natural breath taking beauty. I love to interact with Dolphins, Rays, and Whale sharks. The beauty of a Seahorse, Nudibranch or Turtle. The grace and majesty of a shark.

There are few places left and so little time. The awesome beauty of this creation overwhelms.

Dive Smart, Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:mean:

I'm with NorthEastWrecks on this one. I dive wrecks because their history insterests me. I enjoy learning about the wrecks I see. There are some wrecks I've read about but haven't got to dive yet. This gives me something to look forward to. If I wanted to see fish, I'd buy an aquarium; it's cheaper than a trip to the Caribbean and I can look at it all the time!

Cornfed

I dive because it is relaxing, exciting and challenging. I also feel at home in the water. I love all water activities. Scuba is soothing to the soul. Happy & Safe diving!

...have to cut the grass so often.

I actually have two of your reasons. Locally, the dive spot is not great as far as things to see. There are a few fish and crayfish, but for the most part fairly boring. I go, because diving is challenging and I want to be as good as possible. Plus there is also something very relaxing about being under the surface with the "normal" sounds of the world put on hold.

The other reason is to see stuff. When you dive a place that has lots of wildlife like warm ocean dives, it's incredible!! The amount of cool stuff waiting to be discovered (again, by me) is outstanding and makes me wish I could dive all day, everyday.

I like to dive because its relaxing plus I am Kinda antisocial and when I am underwater I dont have to listen to people yak about unimportant garbage.:D Personal preferances land me in lakes or u/w amusement parks. For some odd reason I like penetration dives: Planes, Buses, Caves whatever.

It is such a part of me.....that I wouldn't be 'me' without it.

(Although much to the chargrin of those poor souls who are required to spend time around me. LOL) :D

I love to dive because of what you might see. I also like all the fancy aqippment you use:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom