Dive planning software questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I know there must be software for dive planning available somewhere. I want something that is used on my laptop. I know it is out there just not sure where to look for it and what one seems to be the most flexible user friendly programs available.

Dive planning software or dive log software? I've only heard of dive planning software for the tech side, where they need to plan deco stops, what gases to breath at various depths, etc... Offhand, I can't really think of what planning software could offer a rec diver.

GAP is another good one to look at. The software includes several decompression models, including RGBM, Buhlmann & M11F6. There is a free 14 day trial version.

Many computers come with some software. You really did not say what exactly you are trying to do.. deco, gas management, etc.

I think others have provided a good list of what is generally available. IMO dive planning software is mostly worthless unless you are getting into the tech side.

I really like the dive logging software that came with my EPIC. Actually it's kinda junk software, but so far it functions OK, charts more info than I need as far as dive slices, and even has a cool graphic display to sum up a profile. I can also add my own notes and comments, so rather a good way to log dives on the puter.

While not for the PC but for the iPhone/Touch, iScubaPlan is dive planning software for the purely recreational diver. When (and if) Brock adds a gas consumption function (if he hasn't already), it would be THE ap for planning PADI recreational dives.

Thanks,

I am just wanting to play with numbers and see how things work. Thanks again for your help. Downloaded the free one and will mess around with it for a while.

While not for the PC but for the iPhone/Touch, iScubaPlan is dive planning software for the purely recreational diver. When (and if) Brock adds a gas consumption function (if he hasn't already), it would be THE ap for planning PADI recreational dives.

This is kind of what I am looking for but would like it for the PC to just play with when I can't be in a place to actually use it. Now I wish someone besides AT&T did the Iphone.

THANKS to everybody!

Back
Top Bottom