Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUNNER

Reaction score
What does it take to start a legitimate dive club? How many people and so on? Are there any laws or regulations pertaining to this. There are some dive clubs near my area, but myself and quite a few of my friends are not members of any and are interested in creating our own!:mean:

Depend on the local law where you live, but basicly what you need is a compressor.

I see from your post your from the state of KY. You might scroll down this board to clubs and get a hold of someone from the Kentucky Pirana Patrol. They might either give you some pointers or be interested in starting a branch.
I know the Hammerheads in this area have a couple of branches for instance. You might also consult google and do a search for dive clubs in your area. You never know, thats how I found the one I belong to.
Seems to me that most clubs are tied into a dive shop by the way. Ours is and the LDS owner also does dive charters. Club members get a huge discount on the charters. He is also a source for air fills of course.
Best of luck!

Jim

air compressor would be nice but certainly is not required. The Ky Piranha Patrol doesn't own a compressor. In the Lexington area of Ky the is a club by the name of the Bluegrass Dive Club. To the best of my knowledge they don't own a compressor. They buy gear from various LDS's in the area and arrange trips all over the world.

The Ky Piranha Patrol aka KPP is a loosely defined club i.e. no formal structure, no regularly scheduled meetings, no executive committee, etc etc.

The Bluegrass Dive Club has officers, meetings, committees etc, etc. They may also have written articles of incorporation or something similar that formalizes their existence.

Both clubs achieve their goals of having fun diving. Each may have its own advantages and disadvantages. Which is best for you is up to you and the buddies that want to set up the club.

GUNNER--you have kind of met the KPP here since we are based on this site. If you would like to check into the Bluegrass Dive Club I can get you the dates and times of their meetings. They always welcome visitors at their general meetings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom