Mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kellykins

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mares wetsuits are good?
I'm looking to buy a wetsuit, and saw a mares one where it's a full 5mm suit, and a shorty 5mm and a hood.

I love my Mares collarless hood, and my Mares Semi Dry, they seem to hold up much better than others. I don't have any experience with their 5 mil but if it runs the same kind of quality, you will be very happy with it.

I have a Mares 7mm Trilastic and it's been okay. I bought it last September and it's already got some tears in the outer layer (which I first noticed last October) which I wasn't expecting to happen so soon. Granted, I've been through Rescue Diver training in it so it went through some hell but my Henderson (which has been through more dives than the Mares and Rescue Diver hell) has held up much better. I guess for the price I got it at I really can't complain. Would I buy another Mares if the price was right? Sure. :)

I've been using my 1mm wetsuit for 5 years, never had a problem, until yesteday that the zipper broke. Nevertheless, I really like it, very comfortable

My wife and two daughters have Mares 5mm suits and like them a lot. Quality is very good for the price.

Best wishes.

Thanks a lot.
Thinking of either getting mares or aqualung balance

Soo mares or aqualung?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom