Votes: 16 57.1%
  • are unhealthy and dive

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • are you under weight an dive

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S

Scuba Diver 03

Hi I was wondering what the health limit is? I am considerd what people would call big. MI height is 5ft 8in weight 140pds and I'm 13. I love to dive. People tell me I'm over weight but I don't lisson to them. Is it safe to dive over weight?:confused:

IMO, it body fat percentage isn't the number one issue - I think being in shape (cardiovascular), on the other hand, is very important. If you get out of breath walking up stairs this might not be the sport for you.

and put on weight. Just laying around the house and not doing anything while eating a "normal" amount will do that. Not to mention the extra beer, super size portions that most of the eating establishments give to us.

Personally I have been heavy, and I prefer to be thinner and in shape. It's really not that hard. Eat sensibly, exercise three times or week for 30 minutes or more and your there. I feel better at 48 than I felt 10 years ago. And I know its affects my diving and safety of my dives.

Got fat after tearing ACL in high school, and stayed that way ever since. Today, at 22, I'm finding swimming/diving the best exercise program one could ask for.

Your categories don't cover everyone. There are those like me that are probably average weight. I am in pretty decent health with no serious problems, and my fitness level (not necessarily the same as health) as a healthy person may not necessarily be of a high fitness level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom