dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmufieldhockey8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well as you all know I'm not big into long reports, just a lot of pictures. We had a group of 8 get together this past weekend at JB and rented the trailer next to Edd's. It's so convenient staying next store to the dive shop! We all arrived Friday from Slidell, Hattiesburg, Auburn, Monroeville and Mobile to a hopping Cave Adventurers, and after a while all tanks were full and we were ready to dive!

IMG_0123e.jpg

IMG_0125e.jpg

Friday night 8/21/09 at JB

Diverdeva, ErnestleeJr, Me, Mos11b1p and Brian did a night dive JB. We went on the Young's Siphon jump which is just a few hundred feet in the cave and was new to Mos as he recent got his full cave. I'd tried with bugman to pop through the hole at the end of this line which opens back up into the back of the cavern, but i was short on gas, time and apparently my wits because I couldn't fit through. Well this time darnit I did! I lead the dive to the end of the line, took off a tank and slid right up the hole first try. Only the diver behind me saw me do it so the rest of them were probably not expecting me to be waiting for them back at the main line.

IMG_0047e.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0065e.jpg

IMG_0058e.jpg

michelin man and google eyed monster

After that we goofed around and took a bunch of pictures. Dive lasted an hour! Denisegg was waiting for us back at the trailer when we got back.

Saturday 8/22/09

JB had quite a bit of trafffic on Saturday. KennyP had a class and Kevin Carlisle and Bamamedic were there as well. Denisegg and Todd did their own handful of dives and the rest of us were gonna do the Kings Canyon circuit which is absolutely gorgeous. Well after a man eating door chewed diverdeva's foot, Brian's primary failed and Ernest's scooter died way too soon, we ended up just swimming up the main line to about the bypass. This was actually good for me as I've never swam past the 2nd T! I've only scootered lol. Dive was 2 hours and I had way more deco then I preferred. Cold! Brian was unfortunately stuck in his peter pan outfit waiting for us to get back to give him the code for the truck.

PICT0012e.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

We ate my famous (ha!) homemade spaghetti and garlic bread, made a Sonic ice cream run and hit the sack.

unfortunately we had to amputate
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Sunday 8/23/09 JB

Once again Denisegg and Todd did some intro dives togehter, Mos11b1p and Brian did the horseshoe circut, and Ernest and I took 2 stages, o2 and scooters up the main line. We just changed our stage riggings to the way Edd does it and man its a lot easier then what I was doing before! It still was some major task loading with all that stuff on. First stages were dropped at the Rabbit Hole and the 2nd stages and scooters were dropped at 2500 ft. We took a jump to the right, went through a handful of Ts (coudln't tell ya which way we went on each) and then went right at a T through Avalanche Alley. Not only did I feel fantastic without the stages, but there was no flow back here and the water was crystal clear. The rocks were a bright white with large boulders both on the ground and stuck in fissures (swam a little faster under those!) large rooms here and there and an enormous amount of larger fossils on the ground. If I did drugs I could compare this to drugs, but since I don't I'd imagine the high I got in here is what it's like on drugs.

It was a nearly flawless dive and we both did an excellent job. We noted the T we want to take next time toward the Middle Grounds. By the time we got to the cavern 2 hours had passed and I had 30 min of deco ahead of me.. yuck! I couldn't put an understandable sentance together by teh time i surfaced but it was worth it.

Aletheia had done a dive with Andre the Giant and Ernest did another dive with him in the cavern after our dive.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

way too much crap for one dive!
stasandme1.jpg

It was a fantabulous weekend!

Last edited:
I"m glad you guys read it. That doesn't mean I'm gonna start reading reports :)

Great report, Stasia! I read it, too. took a lot less time than reading one of Mat's :wink: Sounds like you had a blast in Crinoid/Middle Grounds. I love that area of JB!

Wow!! I just got finished logging my dives. It has been a busy week! I had a fabulous/fantastic time too!! :D It was an awesome weekend of diving!
My buddies brought me another intro diver to dive with so we had a blast! Todd is a great diver and we made a great team.

We did 3 dives on Saturday and one dive on Sunday.

It was so great to see everyone again and to meet Todd and Andre. :)

Last edited:
We had a nice breakfast on Saturday morning and started our first dive at 11:40am. Todd has a nice laid back style and doesn't get in any hurry and I like that. Anyone who has ever dived with me knows how long it takes me to get anywhere and get going :D

Our first dive down the mainline was a nice dive just going as far as we could on 1/6's with doubles and we hit a max depth of 95ft for a 27 minute dive.

Our second dive we decided to do some exploring and hung out in the first part of the cave before the first breakdown. We had a max depth of 50ft for a dive lasting 30 minutes.

We took a break and went back to Edd's for fills and ate lunch and the rest of the crew opted out for the rest of the day so Todd and I went back for a third dive and again went back as far as we could on 1/6's down the mainline. We hit a max depth of 95ft for a dive lasting 31 minutes.

Stasia made some awesome spaghetti and garlic bread and we all had a nice dinner. Ernest brought some wine so of course I had to have a sip :wink:

On Sunday morning we had another nice breakfast together and started our dive a little after 10am. This time we again decided to just explore before the first break and it was a slow easy pace and I had my best bottom time of the weekend. We hit a max depth of 55ft and a dive lasting 52 minutes.

Todd had to get back on the road so I hung out with everyone else and we all went to Sonny's BBQ for dinner before all going our separate ways Sunday evening.

YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to be there. Work keeps getting in the way. Unfortunately I like to eat and have lights. Next week I will be there but you guys will have been long gone. Stasia, that was a great report. Made me jealous, envious, and I even cried a bit (but no one saw me) because I was working while you were diving. There, my fit is over......................:rofl3: Rob, I will be your way sometime next week, maybe Thursday if you want to hit that spot again. I will even let you exit first. :D

Give me a call when you get into town, Mark. I'm scheduled to work Wednesday night (I like food too), but that hospital has been having a low census. I still might be up for a dive in the afternoon.

Great report Stasia. Enjoyed seeing you again and look forward to diving with you again. I am thinking I might get back down there again this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom