Looking for info on Black Donald Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bottom_sucker

Contributor
Reaction score
I met someone (non-diver) last weekend at my wife's highschool reunion who told us about a town in eastern Ontario north of Pembroke which was underwater. I searched the net and found out it was a town called Black Donald, now submerged in Black Donald Lake. It was covered in water when a Hydro-electric dam was built in the mid-50's. Has anyone been there or have information about it. For us it would only be a couple or 3 hour drive and sounds very interesting. Thanks in advance for your responses!

hey bottom sucker im a diver and i just came from calabogie ont. and black donald lake is like 20 min. from there and some people from there told me its an under water town with a post office and everything im trying to find out more about it so i can go up there and do a dive. i live in barrie ont. and its about a 4 hour drive for me. i have been looking for some pic's of the town on the net or a web site about it. have you found a site on this dive site???

There are some divers in London that have dove that lake. I am not sure of the Dive shop Name but they are Located on Wellington Rd in London. They use to be on Dundas but they moved and changed their name. The owner was/is Rob Pugh.

Back
Top Bottom