PCB Whale Shark 08-24-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatMyGreen

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
We had another chance encounter with a whale shark earlier in the week. This one was an ~18' Female that just swam right over the top of me while I was on span 2. I stayed beside her long enough to snap a few photos before I decided the limited vis was probably not conducive to following her off into the Gulf for much longer. Niether of the other 3 divers I was with saw her at all. I am happy I happened to look up when I did!

Attachments

• WS1.JPG
    WS1.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 67
  • WS2.JPG
    WS2.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 66
  • WS3.JPG
    WS3.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 63
  • WS4.JPG
    WS4.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 63
Jeez Pat you are a whale shark magnet! Didn't happen to pick of any cobia? :D

Very cool Pat!!

No I didn't get any of the cobia. I was tracking in on one but scrubbed that plan when I saw her swimming up out of the gloom. By the time I was done taking pictures to turn over to the various research groups requesting documentation of these new tourists to our waters, the cobia had bugged out and I was now swimming way off the site in lower vis with noone on the boat (no it wasn't a charter)...... so I decided to cut my encounter short and go back to the span and my buddies. Something about solo diving out in the desert with noone on the boat in low vis......

Back
Top Bottom