Sherwood Avid 2007 vs. Avid 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miker625

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I apologize if this has already been posted. I searched the forum, but did not see anything regarding this.

I am in the process of trying to get gear for myself and my wife. I am looking at the Sherwood Avid BCD, among others. I see that there is a 2007 model and a 2009 model, but I have not really been able to see what the differences are. Can someone tell me if there are any differences, and what those differences are?

I am also looking at the Sherwood Luna for my wife. She tried it on and it seemed to be a pretty good fit for her.

We have also been looking at Mares products at LDS. This is all just really confusing. I am trying to work within a tight budget, so trying to find affordable, but quality gear. There just seem to be too many choices and too many varying opinions!! ;-)

The difference between the 2007 and 2009 models are cosemetic. There is not a difference in the cut or fit. The pockets and trim are different, the logo placement and embroidery/silkscreens are different.

Sherwood

The difference between the 2007 and 2009 models are cosemetic. There is not a difference in the cut or fit. The pockets and trim are different, the logo placement and embroidery/silkscreens are different.

Sherwood

Thank you for the quick response. Just one more small question...does the Avid have the rolled neoprene around the neck, to prevent chaffing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom