Amelia Island and St. Mary Ga Where to Go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, fellow boarders. I am looking to take my son who is 12 diving for a weekend. He lives in St. Mary, Ga. Which is just across the boarder from Florida, on the coast. I could grab a boat out of St. Mary's but its all wreck diving, and with him only having 8 OW dives in quarry here in Pa, and his check out dives at Blue Gorotto (I know I didnt spell that right). So from speaking with the LDS in St. Mary, the vis is real bad there in the ocean. Like Jersey diving here. Which I wasent to sure if I wanted him in a low viz open ocean dive, just yet.

So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some diving in the area of St. Marys, or maybe even Jacksonville. I dont mind traveling 3 hours or so if need be. I dont have the time to take him down the keys just yet, which is where I would like to start him out at. But if there is some beginner dive locations with some stuff to see, I would really like to hear about it.

Plan on heading down like Set. 4 or 5th.

Thanks in advance!

We were at Amelia Island this year and ended up driving to Ginnie Springs,

The official page of Ginnie Springs Outdoors, in High Springs Florida. Visit our online shop for great deals on dive gear and accessories.

Ginnie is about 2 hours away, and well worth it. Awesome dive.

If you don't want to drive that far, I would suggest talking to the people at the Divers Den. Diver’s Den Georgia|Full-Service Dive Shop, PADI Certification, Local Charters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom