Any interest in a Ft. Pickens dive Sept 4th??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if anyone wanted to try heading out to Ft. Pickens on Sept 4th. High tide is scheduled for 10:30 am (after a pretty decent tidal swing, hopefully meaning great viz). I was thinking about getting out there early, around 8:00am, and doing either a one or two tank dive on the site. I am very familiar with Ft. Pickens, so no worries there. I know it is still a bit too early to guess if the weather will cooperate or not, I just wanted to see if there was any interest. If so, I will move this thread into the trips and marketplace section of the forum where it belongs.

Can't make weekdays :/

I would like to meet at the parking lot around 8:00-8:30. With high tide at 10:30 we should be able to get in a nice long dive. I am in as long as the weather permits. By Wednesday we should know for sure what the weather is going to be like on Friday.

I might be up for it, if you dont mind a new diver to tag along. Ive been wanting dive there anyway. Is there a dive shop nearby I can pick up some tanks at?

I might be up for it, if you dont mind a new diver to tag along. Ive been wanting dive there anyway. Is there a dive shop nearby I can pick up some tanks at?

Don't mind new divers at all. We were all new at one time. Bay Breeze dive shop is the closest, here is their link Welcome to Bay Breeze Dive Center

Just make sure to check this thread around Tuesday/Wednesday to make sure everything is still a go.

Here is the forecast as of right now (still very subject to change):
Friday, Sep 4
04.gif

High: 87 °F RealFeel®: 93 °F
Pleasant with periods of clouds and sun

Would you like to meet in the parking lot located before the Ft Pickens Rd gate and consolidate gear into 2 vehicles? I have a small SUV...
For that matter, does anyone need a ride from P'cola/GB?

I would like to go I have just got to see what is going on this weekend. We were suppose to go out-of-town but I think the friends that we were going with are not going to be able to go, so I'm not quite sure yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom