SEI Once again at Ohio Scubafest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The success we had last year at the Ohio Scubafest and the warm welcome we received from the organizers and attendees was enough to convince us to come back in 2010! Tom Leaird and I will once again be manning the booth. One change will be that this year both of us will be doing presentations:D. Tom is still deciding on his, but I will be doing one on Underwater Navigation, and it's importance to new as well as experienced divers, and perhaps another on the Buddy System if I can get it all together and there is time for me to give it. This show is truly a divers show and well worth the time to attend. It will be held in the same location as last year's in Columbus. Go to the Ohio Scubafest website for more info.

Reviving this thread since the show is coming up in a couple weeks. I hope to meet many Scubaboarders and others at the show. I will be doing two presentations and Tom Leaird will be giving an update on SEI and how far we have come. I'll be arriving Friday afternoon and will be staying at the Crowne Plaza where the show is being held.

Just got the schedule. the time for Tom's is 10:30-11:30 on Saturday and my UW Nav will be at noon Saturday in Salon C and the Buddy System presentation on Sunday at noon also in Salon C. Not sure why they have my topics listed as Public Safety but looking at some of the other topics it seems that if it has to do with dive training, dive safety, and PSD info we all got put in the same category. Hope to see many of you there. Oh and if you like, seeing the times, I don;t mind if you bring your lunch while I'm presenting! Just bring an extra cookie for me!

Just bumping this thread as I'm packing to leave for the show. Getting off work early tomorrow and should be in Columbus by 4 or so. Stopping to see my daughter and then will be at the hotel all weekend. I spent the money and got one of their king executive rooms! Not a bad deal though for 88 bucks with my AAA card. I hope to see many of you there and get a chance to talk. If you do make it I'll be at the SEI Booth with Tom and wandering around in my grey Scuba Educators Vest or my UDM Aquatics shirt. Be sure to stop me and say Howdy.

Arrived at 5pm! I'm here in my executive king room. very nice! No jacuzzi though:depressed:, But I'll muddle thru somehow. Anyway headed down to the meet and greet and hospitality room. tom is coming in tomorrow morning early. I gotta get up at 6! Will be an early night tonite. Can't set up this evening because like last year there is another function going on. They are auctioning of bull sprem and embryo's. It looks like a rodeo minus the dirt and smell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom