Bahamas October - blackbeard liveaboard advice needed!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

angycoleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering booking a trip with Blackbeard cruises and before I do it some opinions.. has anyone got a good/bad experiance with blackbeard? Also what is bahamas like to dive in October?

Thanks!

I have been on 4 Blackbeard's trips and had a great time every trip. Good diving, great crews, decent food. I am not a high maintenance person, if you are Blackbeard's isn't for you. The accommodations are very basic, people have described it as camping at sea, I agree. I have never been in October, but I would think as long as you can avoid a hurricane or tropical storm it would be fine. Hope you have a great time.

Loved the Blackbeard's experience. Can't wait for the next.

Definitely camping at sea... nothing to do but eat, sleep and dive. :wink:

I did Blackbeard's in October and had a great time. The weather was fantastic. The seas were mostly flat and the water was warm. Of course, it depends on if a storm is close or far.

I did a weeklong Blackbeards cruise this spring and loved it! Very limited storage space, and very low headspace in the bunk, but who cares! All you do is sleep in it anyway. You'll spend your days topside and diving. Great crew, great food, great diving.

Sharon and I enjoyed the private cabin on the Aqua Cat in July, which is a liveaboard in the Blackbeard fleet. Highly recommend if within the budget, and if the "camping at sea" doesn't sound apealing on the sailboats. The boat, crew, food and diving were outstanding and I highly recommend. IMHO the added expense was well worth it.

I recommend the travel insurance due to hurricane season.

Keith

I've done 4 trips on blackbeards and they have all been great. If you like swanky, it's not for you. My husband refuses to ever go on another Blackbeards trip. (He's OK with the Aquacat though.) But I've seen somne of the most amazing things on Blackbeards dives. If you just want to dive and you like the wind in your hair and the smell of the ocean (and a 30 second rinse after your salt water shower - then go for it.

Oh I'm jonesing to go back out with them again!!!!!!

Do they accommodate vegetarian/pescetarian diets? Or is it all burgers and bacon?

We had a vegetarian onboard one of my trips and they prepared things for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom