6095 Housing & Wide Angle Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaokla

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Jean,

I am considering upgrading to the 6095 housing and a Canon S10. Your website says I will need a Raynox HDR-730 for the wide angel lens. I am sure it's clear to some but I am a tad confused on what I will need to put a wide angle lens on the 6095 housing. I now have the W-20 on my 6061 housing, so I think its a similar setup.

In simple terms; do I just need to get a Raynox #2 and I am good to go? Do I need an adapter ring? I plan on setting the camera in 24Mbps mode so I want the best set up I can get.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Canon S10?

Unfortunately the S10's lens prevents the use of external wide angle lenses like the W20. To use the Raynox option you need:

Raynox HDR-730 lens
58-52mm step-down ring (Tiffen or other mfg.)
#9306.70 Dome or #9306.71 Flat Port

The Raynox lens and step-down ring can be obtained either through your local camera shop or online. We do not sell either of these components.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Don't know if this is how I ask a question (by a reply to this thread) but will ask anyway. How do you replace the standard front lens port on the 6095 housing with the optional flat port 9306.71? What steps are taken or does this have to be sent back to Ikelite to perform the task? Are there instructions that come with the optional port>

The #9306.71 comes with a tool for removing the housing's standard flat port (and an instruction manual). Then you simply thread the new port into place and hand-tighten. We always recommend that you check the housing in a tub of water and/or take it diving without a camera after exchanging the port.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom