DG02 Audible Alarm Does Not Work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butchbs1985

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I'm posting here because thus far, Hollis Tech Support won't respond to my inquiries via E-mail.:shakehead:

I have a DG02 computer which I have found to be very nice overall. The biggest thing that I can't figure out is why the audible alarm does not seem to work. I noticed this when I accidentally ascended far to fast on a dive a couple of weeks ago. After looking through the manual and software settings, one of the items that should trigger an audible alarm is "ascent rate exceeds the allowed limit". Based on my dive profile when downloaded to my PC, I was well beyond that limit. The red LED was blinking but no sound when it happened. While diving on Friday, I intentionally ascended well beyond 60 ft/min over about 20 ft of depth (approx 40 ft ascending to 20 ft) and sure enough, the red LED was blinking but there was no sound.

Upon further investigation a couple of weeks ago, I found that there is a setting for "Audible Alarm" in the Hollis Dive Interface software. No matter what settings I try to use, the Audible Alarm will not set to "ON". After I save the settings to the DC, everything is how I want it but that. It always resets to "OFF". Since all the other settings that I modify are properly set, I know that I'm sending them to the DC properly.

I really need that feature to work as there are more situations that trigger the audible alarm that are far more serious than ascending too fast. If it doesn't work, I need to get it serviced but as I said earlier, Tech Support has not responded to my requests.:shakehead:

Thanks for any input!

Here's what the option looks like inside of the Hollis Dive Interface Software:

Dive_Software.JPG

Nick... Anyone?? I just sent an e-mail to their customer service as Tech support has now ignored three e-mails. I love the gear. (Nearly all of my stuff is either Pinnacle or Hollis) but perhaps it's time for a new manufacturer. :shakehead:

Nick... Anyone?? I just sent an e-mail to their customer service as Tech support has now ignored three e-mails. I love the gear. (Nearly all of my stuff is either Pinnacle or Hollis) but perhaps it's time for a new manufacturer. :shakehead:

Hi Brian,

Sorry for taking so long to see this thread. Currently in Germany but i have forwarded your questions to Ron Landess, Hollis customer service manager. He will respond shortly.

Thanks,

thank you very much. Enjoy your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom