Much more than a backup torch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbsub

Contributor
Reaction score
We have finished the development of our new LED-lamp:

The X1 - FF and the X1 - VB are the newest LED-lamps from mb-sub.
Both are using a 3,5W LED and a special optic to get a maximum of brightness.
The X1-FF has a fixed light beam of 2° with 21.000 Lux!
This is record for this class!
The X1-VB has a variable light beam from 2° to 35° in an unprecedented light quality.
The max. brightness of the X1-VB is 17.500 Lux.
Both lamps will be switched only with thumb, no twisting of housing parts are necessary. Switching is possible without any impact by depth.
With the light beam of 2° you are on the save side of diving in each quality of water.
With the 35° beam you can enjoy the colours in clear water.

Both types of lamps additional exist in two different versions of batteries:
the small one for 3 x AA cells and the big one for 3 x C cells.
All parts are interchangeable

Michael

sorry, i forgot the picture

Attachments

• X1-FFweb.jpg
    X1-FFweb.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 159
...looks good Michael! ....are they listed on your WWW site yet ? ...and when when will they be available for sale in the USA ? (Golem Gear)

Thanks!

Karl

....looks like you have 'fixed' on this back up light one of the design flaws on your PHOTON 2 that I'm thinking of buying as a primary light....this light has the little 'nipple' on the rear end for a diver to run a SS ring/SS bolt clip so I can clip the light off to a chest D-ring. So, when are you going to make the same upgrade to the PHOTON 2 ?

Hello Karl,

sorry, but the same solution like on the new X1 is not possible for the PHOTON. The rear part of the PHOTON is from PVC and not strong enough for such a solution.
But why you dont use the strap on the backside of the PHOTON?

Michael

Your site doesn't mention a dimming feature for the X1 lights. Can they be dimmed?

Thanks,

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

sorry, no. This lamp has no dimming, because many divers dont want any electronic in a lamp which can be used as a backup light.

Michael

Hi Henrik,

sorry, no. This lamp has no dimming, because many divers dont want any electronic in a lamp which can be used as a backup light.

Michael

Thanks Michael.

I see the need for less electronics in back-up lights.

I was thinking the X1 w/ variable focus would be a great all-round light as well - not just for "techies" :) For night dives, I prefer not to have *too much* light so as not to scare the critters. So high for daytime and mid/low for night dives. Just a thought.

Question - slightly off topic: If you can do 2° - 35° beam angle on these lights, how about making a "Photon 3" with variable focus as well. That would make an ideal canister light. The 8° on the current Photon is still a bit "wide" for some.

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

to get a beam of approx. 2° you must have the right combination of LED and optic.
With the OSTAR-LED from the PHOTON its impossible. To get this beam you need a LED with really small die, the lighting area from the OSTAR is to big.
BTW, if you want to reduce the light power for a night dive, you must only change the beam to 35°. Then all the light will be dispose to big area.

Michael

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom