HP Tank Fills at Vortex and PCDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
All,

I'll be tagging along with my little sister as she goes for her open water checkout (SSI via Adventure Sports in Auburn) this coming weekend (Labor Day) at Vortex and PC. I'd like to take along my HP100s but am unsure if Vortex and PCDC will fill HP tanks.

Anyone know the answer? Thanks in advance.

Ltstanfo

They have filled my 130s many times at Vortex. I have been to PCDC many times and have seen many HP cylinders there but I personally have not had mine filled there..

Thanks for the reply Kevin! That's what I was hoping to hear. Friday is Vortex and Saturday is PCDC so I can get my tanks filled on Friday.

Hope everyone has a great diving weekend!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Gotten HP fills at Vortex and PCDC before. no problems.

I have also had my HP130 filled nicely at The Dive Locker and Vortex.

our recent experience at Dive Locker and Divers Den, they didn't seem to know what a HP tank was as they only filled our tanks to 2400 to 2800psi.

so double check them before you leave. sucks to get on the boat to find out your tank is short 700 to 800psi

I would love to see Panama City get an operation like Fill Express (but I don't think that there is enough business to justify it. especially during the colder months.

Gotten HP fills at Vortex and PCDC before. no problems.

our recent experience at Dive Locker and Divers Den, they didn't seem to know what a HP tank was as they only filled our tanks to 2400 to 2800psi.

so double check them before you leave. sucks to get on the boat to find out your tank is short 700 to 800psi

I would love to see Panama City get an operation like Fill Express (but I don't think that there is enough business to justify it. especially during the colder months.
That would suck. I always stand there with them and hold their hand.

That pressure is still low even for an AL80. I pump my LP77 higher than that too.

My son and I went to Vortex Springs(Dive Locker) a month ago.We both have H/p tanks(130&100).

My observation is, there are several young guys there filling tanks that haven't been trained very well. In the diff's in filling l/p versus h/p tanks.
1st fill, told them they were rated@3442, they were filled to 2800, had to take them back for top off.
2nd fill, same thing except during this refill the o-ring blew out. pretty exciting lots of noise and water blowned everywhere. I had noticed the guy seemed to have trouble conecting the fill yoke up.
3rd fill, this time an olded guy instructed the younger guy on the proper way to set the machine up and attach the yoke. no problems, filled to 3500# first time.

I think they are so use to l/p fills of ther own equipment that it kind of throws them off when someone with an h/p shows up. As I said I think this appeared to be someone new there and not use to doing h/p fills.

Hopefully they have this all worked out by now.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom