Repairing an Ikelite sync cable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Ikelite model 4103.52 sync cable for my two DS125 strobes, and it has developed a broken wire right behind the connector where it screws into the bulkhead. It looks like this part of the cable can disconnect from the little housing where the two strobe cables and the camera cable all come together? Can this be fixed, or at least just the camera part of the cable replaced? Woody

The cable is built into the body of the dual sync cord, and cannot just be detached and replaced. We also stopped doing cord repairs all together as we found no way to check for nicks or pin-holes in the jacket adequately and ensure reliability.

We do currently offer a reduced exchange price of $85.00 plus return freight if you would like to send your damaged dual sync cord in to us.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Woody I recommend you ask for the new version of the Sync cord which has re-enforced ends of the cords (similar to re-enforced ends of power cords).

The older style didnt and I believe that stress on the cord at the end near the connector at the bulkhead damaged the cord over time.

I have been through 4 dual sync cords at $85 a hit over the past 3-4years.

Recommend you also buy a spare just incase. But it looks like the new version is going strong.

Regards Mark

Thanks for the tip, Mark. But don't they supply all their new cables with this reinforcing? You would think that they would, if it is available. Regardless, I will be sure to ask for this. Thanks for the help. Woody

Back
Top Bottom