Superior Producer-Curacao Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever dove this wreck before. Sits in Curacao harbor at about 111 ft (bottom). Dove it the other day while down there. Anybody got any experience with it. Dive operator said that was the first time they had gone there in 3-4 months.

I dove 3 times the Superior Producer the las week, but are many divers in the site ,I not undrestand the operator don't go for the last 3 o 4 month, its a classic place to dive in Curazao.
I dove from shore is more cheeper you only need the car to go to the beach.
I dove olso the Tugboat and her wall (100%) not have finish, you can go deep than 130' and not have finish.
Olso Sta. Barbara Beach. I recomended Curazao to dive.
Regards
Paco
PD: sorry for my english

Holy thread necromancy, Batman! :D

I earned my wreck dive cert on Superior Producer. I wouldn't characterize it as being in the harbor though. She was towed out before sinking, and is adjacent to the megapier used for the cruise ships.

Not sure where you got 111' from either. My Suunto Gekko registered the bottom being at 103' while swimming through the hold of the ship. Maybe you were near the stern?

Either way, I highly recommend the dive to anyone who makes it to Curacao. It's an mpressive wreck, and well worth the time. I'll upload some pics when I get a chance.

Just got back from Curacao last week (my first time there). Spent 2 weeks diving all over the island (east end, west end) both by shore and boat. I did the Superior Producer with The Dive Bus (excellent shore dive operator located not far from Superior Producer on Pierbaai). Superior Producer is rated one of the top Caribbean wreck dives by Sport Diver Magazine.

Either way, I highly recommend the dive to anyone who makes it to Curacao. It's a [-]impressive wreck[/-] large boat that sits on the bottom of the ocean...

There, fixed it for you.

:eyebrow:

The correct scientific term for things like the Superior Producer is intactus navis rectus non-accendo which loosely translates to "intact, boring, boat that sits upright on the bottom of the ocean."

:D

I enjoyed diving the Superior Producer myself. Here is a shot or two...

superiorproducer2bd.jpg

superiorproducer1bd800.jpg

Mike

Just got back from Curacao last week (my first time there). Spent 2 weeks diving all over the island (east end, west end) both by shore and boat. I did the Superior Producer with The Dive Bus (excellent shore dive operator located not far from Superior Producer on Pierbaai). Superior Producer is rated one of the top Caribbean wreck dives by Sport Diver Magazine.

I was on the SP dive with Joyce, along with my GF. The wreck has a good bit of life, including the biggest eel I've ever seen on the deck. It's a very fun dive, with an "exciting" shore entry.

Photos here - no strobe, older point/shoot camera so not the best you'll see :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom