Small Gun Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I want to get a small Pneumo gun. One that I can strap to my leg. I dive the Massachusetts coast and mostly hunt for lobster. Every now and then I see a nice Cod, Cunner or Blackfish that I could shoot. The fish are not too big, 30" and a five pounds at most. Any recommendations for a small Pneumo with a good holster that will stay put on your leg.
Thanks

I'm interested in the same thing myself. I dive 95% in Puget Sound with maybe 10' of vis and pretty much limited to perch, flounder and sometimes cabezon due to fishing regs. I basically want a convenient gun I can ignore most of the time, but that can be put into use in 30 seconds or less in case I see a particularly big perch or flounder.

I've also wondered about the possibility of a bigger gun attached to my tank where it would be out of the way, but my experience is that it can be very difficult to retrieve things from there.

Get a small gun like a 36" with three bads and you can hook it up to the "D" rings on the BC, by the handle on the top "D" and by the sling on the bottom "D". It will be accross your chest and out of the way but I only use it like this going to the hunting site or leaving the site. You can't hunt/shoot anything (lobster maybe) if you're not ready to shoot in a blink on an eye.

Back
Top Bottom