Oriskany Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning on diving the Oriskany on my 100th dive. I know this is early, but I want to make sure I can get it in and dive it.

I want to invite everyone that wants to dive it. I figure at the rate I'm diving now, I should be able to do it .... here is where a lot of people might not want to do it..... in January or February. I have 35 more dives to be at 99 dives and hope to have my 100th in the Oriskany.

I know two people that want to do it right now, so I know on a 6 pack, that's room for three more, but I was kinda thinking about getting a bigger boat for 8 to 12 divers. plus, if there are any big waves, the bigger boats will be a little better for the 1+- hour SI we'd need.

Planning on MOD of 100', but that doesn't mean you have to have it as yours. I'm HOPING to possibly dive doubles, if not, I MIGHT have two LP121s to use for single tanks. I'll also have either an AL40 or AL80 that will NOT be part of my gas management. (I've read I believe here, that it's good to do that, as other divers have a habit of going or near OOG.)

It'll all be recreational diving, no tech (although it sounds like it). I'm hoping to find an op that will do three dives. Looking around on the net, a few that I've seen are 199.00 for three tanks.

So, if anyone can suggest an op that will do a three tank dive (I might have over looked one) and has a good size boat, please post here if you do. Also, if you are interested in joining me for the dive, please post.

Thanks all,

Michael

you know you're supposed to do your 100th dive naked don't ya?

That is only after being reviewed by a jury of your peers to be fit to dive naked in public. If not pass the review please seek solo diver training so that your 100 dive can be solo.

That is only after being reviewed by a jury of your peers to be fit to dive naked in public. If not pass the review please seek solo diver training so that your 100 dive can be solo.

No worries, I will not be diving nude... trust me, the fish there would no longer be there... or floating on the top because of the shock.

Michael

he said it would likely be in January or February also... so that water will COLD.

so if he's doing his 100th naked, this will be a "shrinkage dive". :rofl3:

in the words of George from Seinfeld....... Like a frightened turtle!

Ok people. I have found the charter I'm going to use, IF I can get enough people. I called and talked to Capt. Douglas of H2OBelow. It will be a three tank dive. I mentioned it would be all recreational dives only. If you want to do a technical dive, PM me and let me know what you want to do and I'll talk to Capt. Douglas about it.

As of right now, I need 12 people total. Those of you that want to and are interested, it looks like it's going to be in January, possibly the first weekend. I will need to know what tanks you are planning to bring. You can rent tanks from MBT. Only have enough space for 20 - 8" tanks and the rest will need to be AL80's or HP100s of the same size.

So, PM me if you want to know more information or e-mail me at mwhitiesA@Tsysconms.com.

Michael

What about doubles? Any room for them on the boat?

Yes, they have a spot dedicated to doubles. That's where the 8" tanks will be.

Michael

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm soo ready to dive the Oriskany....

http://uwex.us/051806.htm

Michael

Back
Top Bottom