Dive Sites around Port Angeles, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CATHY BENTO

Reaction score
Has anyone dove around Port Angeles, WA? I would like to visit relatives, and do some diving. I have tried searching the internet for dive shops, but could not find any.

Hi Cathy,
I would HIGHLY recommend that you make a bit of a drive to Sund Rock & Octopus Hole. The sites are on the southern end of Hood Canal, but they have the BEST of northwest diving. When I was at Octopus Hole last weekend I saw a nesting Giant Pacific Octopus, a juvenile & adult Wolf Eel, fabulous orange and red sponges and sea perch and big rock fish, and on and on. It was so amazing!

There are also sites west of Port Angeles on the straight of juan de fuca. I am going there this fall with a group, but I understand that the entries & exits are difficult.

Drop me a note when you get up this way!

-kate

Hi Cathy,

I have to agree with scubakat. Both dives at Octopus Hole and Sund Rock are great, and easy. There are also some great places to dive in the Straights near Port Angles, but they tend to be pretty advanced dives due to the big swell coming in from the Pacific and high current. Salt Creek comes to mind, but I wouldn't go there without someone that is familiar with the area the first time.

A great resource for Puget Sound dive sites is http://divingthenorthwest.com/

Good Luck,

Boydski

Back
Top Bottom