Fiji info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiverAZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for recomendations on places to stay/dive in fiji. Would be for a couple, would like to have good diving and be able to enjoy the area as well. not looking for the budget route. I know this is kinda a broad question, but any info is appreciated

Thanx

newdiverAZ once bubbled...
Looking for recomendations on places to stay/dive in fiji. Would be for a couple, would like to have good diving and be able to enjoy the area as well. not looking for the budget route. I know this is kinda a broad question, but any info is appreciated

Thanx

Wananavu Beach resort and Crystal Divers would fill 2 of your 3 requirements, but it's a bit remote. However, sometimes Wananavu organized trips during the day, so you might contact them about the possibilities.

I find diving, eating, a bit to drink, and plenty of sleep almost fills the day, leaving a bit of time for a good read or a good nap.

I was there a year or so ago. It depends on your purse though. A great site to visit is the Fiji Visitors Bureau. They have links to all the hotels and all the local dive charter co's. Most of the hotels have deals with the dive outfits, who will collect you from the hotel, if they are local and will take you out. On the remote islands, your options are live aboards or operators who are out that far. You can email through the site all the hotels for prices as well as the charter operators. Hope that helps. Any problems finding them, drop me a line.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only
Gasman

:mean:

newdiverAZ once bubbled...

Thanx

Check out The Marlin Bay Resort http://www.marlinbayresort.com . My wife and I went Nov 2002. Its a great place to relax and dive -- a bit. The only standard diving is 4 days of 2 tank day diving, a Tues and Thursday night dive, and Friday's "Big Fish Encounter" which is basically a shark feed with beig groups and a ton of Jacks and Trevaly thrown in.

Its the only vacation I have had in recent years where I wished I could have stayed another week....I am sure it wasn't because we had left the kids at home :D

Otter

I agree with Otter, Marlin Bay is awesome. I was there last August and it was great. Nice individual "bures" (casitas), fabulous diving, incredible food, and the Fijian people are really nice. There is also free shore diving. We did a shore dive almost every afternoon. It was really great, I would recommend it to anyone.

Karen

The liveaboard , Nai'a , is suppose to be one of the best liveaboards in the world and it sails Fiji. A group of us is going to be chartering her in 2004 if your interested. She goes to all of the great dive sites and it would be for a week. Let me know what you think.
Carl ( carleyeman@aol.com )

Back
Top Bottom