Plans for 12,000 sq. ft. Dive Center Announced.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
diventurefeature.jpg

Was wondering if this would become the largest dive center (in size) in the United States. The store will be built in Omaha, Nebraska - do these guys know something I don't?

Ground breaking set for Huge Dive Center in Nebraska

Maybe they will be cutting into Leisurepro's clientelle and going after the online market. I don't live there but I would guess Omaha isn't the hot spot of diving.

-Iggy

Maybe they will be cutting into Leisurepro's clientelle and going after the online market. I don't live there but I would guess Omaha isn't the hot spot of diving.

-Iggy

Now that's really interesting.

Shipping is faster and (on average) cheaper to the rest of the country from there.

Terry

I wonder what lines they will be carrying? Tell they have a pool in that building! :D

It's perfect for internet orders, since it gives them 2 day standard ground service to a lot of the country and three day service to almost the entire US.

Terry

I've got it. They have a 30ft deep pool for testing gear out, as well as they are built upon the secret entrance to a new cave system that branches out for hundreds of miles. So, you can simply pay your entry, do all your setup in a nice climate controlled environment and go caving.

Will they charge sales tax to out of state customers? We pay 9.25% in this part of Calif. Buying from places with zero sales tax and cheap shipping is very relevant.

PADI facility, 14 foot deep pool, many revenue generating activities in additin to scuba training. Read the article linked in the OP

Sorry, I'm not moving to Nebraska, but good for the people in Omaha.

Good diving, Craig

I wonder what lines they will be carrying? Tell they have a pool in that building! :D

Atomic, Mares, Tusa, Whites, Pinnacle, Stahlsac, and Trident....just to name a few.

diventurefeature.jpg

Was wondering if this would become the largest dive center (in size) in the United States. The store will be built in Omaha, Nebraska - do these guys know something I don't?

Ground breaking set for Huge Dive Center in Nebraska

well the first line of the article says it all. Omaha, Nebraska isn't a scuba diving hotbed

Building might be 12,000 square feet. But the retail store is only going to be 2,300 square feet. But the pool sounds nice.

Sounds like to me that someone is putting in an indoor pool rec center that is open for classes and there happens to be a dive shop they are putting in the same building.

Seeing how most dive businesses are suffering from reduced sales, starting up any new LDS in this economy and pattern of lower sales is crazy. Starting up a 12,000 ft^2 one is even more crazy. I can only assume that this is someone who has a lot of cashflow that wants to own a HUGE LDS. The fact they are giving $50,000 to the local fire department dive squad sorta shows that.

I wish them well. but I think they are crazy.

Omaha's got near 400,000 people in it. Maybe thats enough to support a big dive facility and poor for other swim classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom