Which are the best liveaboards in the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Which are the best liveaboards going to “Simply the Best” or “South and St. John” for a dive trip in September-October? This is not something I get to do often, and I'll be on the ship for a week, so I am looking for suggestions for the top of the line liveaboards cruising the Red Sea. Which are the top of the line?
Thanks
T

If you are a very advanced diver, or a technical diver, or scooter driver, then I'd strongly suggest the MV Tala.

...certainly not the standard dive deck...

ckfkBoatDeck.jpg

All the best, James

The best liveaboards in the Red Sea you will find in the blue O two fleet: Blue Horizon, Blue Melody and Blue Fin. There is no doubt about that. I have worked on many boats for many operators in the Red Sea since 1999 and I can honestly say that blue O two operation and vessels are constantly extending the lead as the best in the Red Sea. Right now I don't work on any boat or for any liveaboard operator so I'm not bios. Just stating the facts.

Have a look at my website www.aziab.com and click on "Liveaboard" and you will find some information regarding how to choose operator and boat...

Check out the blue O two website at Scuba Diving Holidays

...a...

The Royal Evolution starts Sudan trips on mid September so she's probably out of comparison.

The major operators are Tornado, Sea Serpent, and Blue O Two. As far as I believe, the difference between those three is a nuance. But if Samaka says Blue O Two is better, I'd take his word :)

If anybody tried those three, would he/she kindly tell us what the differences are?

My wife and I did Blue O Two in July and had an awesome time. We had about 30 dives each at the time. The Red Sea was a wonderful location and probably one of the best vacations we have had (Only a limited number of Dive vacations but we have travelled all over the world on regular vacations)

Right now, I am in the process of trying to figure out how to top it for our 10th yr wedding anniversary in November/December. Have been doing extensive research on Indonesia and finding out that doing a Red Sea Liveaboard was a heck of a good value for the money.

Russell

some of the pics I took can be found here:
http://www.mytravelpixs.com/Middle-East

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom