Shark Diving in Guadelupe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any suggestions for a good liveaboard out there? I noticed that the Nautilus says they are the only op that offers submerged cages (like the sound of it). Are they the only ones that offer this kind of option? any suggestions are appreciated.

Looking to do this trip around the 12th of October or thereabouts. Then off to meet the family in Hawaii for more AWESOME diving =)

Thanks,

Jeff

Had a friend who did this last year (you should see his photos - damn...). I think he told me that there were two liveaboard options, but I cannot recall which one he did. Sorry for being unhelpful.

But he did have an absolute blast.

The Solmar V also does the trip. Their times overlap the Nautilus I imagine. Heard good things about the trip but never did it though I have been to the Socorro Islands on the Solmar.

Just a vote in favor of the Nautilus. I did the trip in fall '07 and it was utterly fantastic, trip of a lifetime. I'd do it again like a shot. Great staff & crew, and best of all - they have a photo album of the sharks! The staff can tell you which ones are which, how long they've been around, etc., based on their markings.

My recommendations: Wear your Scop patch, it's a long trip out there; and bring a drysuit. Those who can stay down longest get the best vantage points for photos and I got cold pretty quickly standing still in high-60s water, even wearing 7 mil.

You better get to booking, as I know Nautilus sells out sometimes months in advance.

Good luck! Have a blast! Report back!!

ETA: Wow. All the really thrilling things we saw out there. The island itself is really wonderful, looks like a movie set.

Sharks jumping up out of the water. Chasing seals, only to see how the seals often easily out maneuver them. Having a shark come up behind our cage by accident and shake it off, maybe 2000 pounds, like a Dixie cup...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom