Going out of Carabelle or Lanark, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwarrior

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey, I am up here at FSU and do not know much about the diving in the area. Couple buddies and I are looking to do some spearing, and we heard that Yamaha tournament reef, some of the towers, and Rose City were pretty good. We basically know nothing about the area, vis, and what to expect out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and also let me know if there are any better dive sites in the area.

For salt water, do some searches on Scubaboard or the net for dive charters in Appalachicola or Carrabelle. If you want to drive to Panama City (2 hours maybe), try Panama City Dive Center. Pensacola and the Oriskany are three hours west.

For fresh water, there is Vortex Springs - maybe 1 1/2 hours down I-10W or Troy Springs to the east. If you get cavern certified, your options open up - Morrison (close to Vortex), Jackson Blue in Marianna (an hour west), Peacock Springs State Park and Ginnie Springs (couple of hours to the east. There are several cavern instructors in the Tallahassee area. This is a good class even if you have no interest in caves.

You may want to check out the Wakulla Dive Club. Also, FSU may have a dive club. For scuba needs and classes, check out Coral Reef Scuba on Capital Circle.

Forget the fresh water - just saw the spearfishing part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom