Diving in Malta in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ldt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello. My friends and I are planning a dive trip in October and we are considering Malta. Can you recommend good dive operators in the area?

Is the diving still good at that time of year? What is the water temperature?

Any good hotels you can recommend?

Hi! Glad to hear that youre thinking about diving in Malta soon. The water temp will still be around 23 degrees so no need for drysuit. The diving is very good althought in terms of weather there will be a bit more rainfall as winter sets in. With regard to hotel advice, depends what sort of standard you are after. If you let me know the type of hotel you want to stay at i could perhaps make a couple of suggestions. Some of the hotels have their own dive centre so that would take care of that part of your question. Let me know if you want to team up for a dive or two it would be interesting to touch base. Theres some good wrecks out here ;-)

I saw "Malta" and came running to see what's up. My dad & 4 of his brothers were born there. I've never visited but it is on my short list.
Maltaman, should I ever get this worked out I'll give you a shout.
idt: Sorry for the hijack.

maltaman, thanks for the information! We just booked our flights and are really looking forward to diving in Malta. We're thinking of going with Oxygene Diving - have you heard of them? We haven't found a hotel yet but the dive place is suggesting Palace Hotel or Victoria Hotel. We're also looking into apartments since there are three of us traveling and it would give us more space.

Also, how easy is it to get around the island(s) without a car? We're trying to avoid renting a car if possible but would like to go sightseeing when we're not diving.

maltaman, thanks for the information! We just booked our flights and are really looking forward to diving in Malta. We're thinking of going with Oxygene Diving - have you heard of them? We haven't found a hotel yet but the dive place is suggesting Palace Hotel or Victoria Hotel. We're also looking into apartments since there are three of us traveling and it would give us more space.

Also, how easy is it to get around the island(s) without a car? We're trying to avoid renting a car if possible but would like to go sightseeing when we're not diving.

Oxygene I have heard of, they are in the sliema area. Regarding accomodation, what type of accomodation you are looking for? the Palace and Victoria hotels are top notch hotels and might be pricey! In the area you can find, budget hotels and also self catering accomodation.

Regarding getting around, its pretty easy to go around by bus. There are also sight seeing busses all over the Island. The other option is getting a hired car which gives you more flexibility.

should you need more information just let me know.

thanks
lud

I'm not sure it answers any of your questions, but just to whet your appetite for your trip, here's a trip report to Malta with some fantastic photographs.

Back
Top Bottom