Adjusting shutter release lever on G10 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the Ikelite rig for my G10, and find the shutter release lever to be angled back just a little too far for convenient use. When I am holding the right arm of the strobe tray and trying to reach over with my right finger and trigger that lever, I find it is just back a little too much to easily reach. Can this lever be rotated forwards on its mounting a little to bring the lever more upright? The other knobs and such have allen socket mounting screws, but I see nothing like this on the release lever and don't know how to safely move it. Any ideas? (By the way, the spring loaded mounting on this lever is a vast improvement over the similiar lever on my C5050 case, but that one was sitting up at the right angle...) Thanks for your help. Woody

Hi Woody,

I'm really interested in do something with the shutter lever, is very hard for me to reach it with my fingers.
cropi.jpg

There is any way to modify the position of this lever?

There's no real way for you to reorient this lever, as the control is already bent with the flat in a set position. If you want to draw or diagram the position you would prefer the lever to start in, it wouldn't be a problem for us to refit the housing for you. The replacement shaft would be in the range of $30.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

There's no real way for you to reorient this lever, as the control is already bent with the flat in a set position. If you want to draw or diagram the position you would prefer the lever to start in, it wouldn't be a problem for us to refit the housing for you. The replacement shaft would be in the range of $30.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

That's about what I figured. I will probably be sending the housing to you when I send back the sync cable for replacement. Thanks for the info. Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom