Star Dancer, Papua New Guinea 4/23-5/3, 2010.....would like some advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am booked to travel on Star Dancer 4/23-5/3, 2010.....10 Night R/T Walindi Witu-Fathers-Kimbe. I've been reading up on the area in various resources including scubaboard. But I have not seen any detailed trip reports that have been posted regarding recent experiences.

My understanding is that Kimbe Bay is more of a soft coral experience, Father's Reef is more robust and has good soft and hard coral action with a good possibility of shark action, and then there's a Witu Islands.....I don't know alot about what happens up there. Is that where the muck diving is because those are volcanic islands? If so, I'd love to hear some details about what the Witu Islands were like, and any other words of wisdom about Kimbe Bay or Father's Reef would be ideal as well.

I imagine from previous posts and the Star Dancer's website (Welcome to Papua New Guinea - Peter Hughes Diving - Live-Aboard Excellence to World Class Dive Destinations) that the boat and food are awesome but any details about that would be great too.

Who wants to come?

Eric

Here's a trip report I posted a few weeks ago. It doesn't cover the Witus since Star Dancer doesn't travel there in July when we went. From what I hear, the Witus do have great muck diving but also have nice coral and some big fish. Kimbe bay is more hard corals than soft with the most amazing fans I have seen. Some are probably 15 feet across. Fathers had good shark action at several sites and tuna and jacks on nearly every dive as well as nice coral at most sites.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pa...cer-walindi-trip-report-pt-2-star-dancer.html

Back
Top Bottom