Question for all who have purchased from Leisure Pro

Were you aware that the items from LP may not come with manufactuer warranty?

• Yes, I knew they did not have factory warranty.

Votes: 104 65.4%
  • No, I thought they came with factory warranty.

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • I didn't care about the warranty.

Votes: 38 23.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, I am posting this poll to answer a question about factory warranties and Leisure Pro warranties.

I see no poll? :D

Dangit Ron, you can't give me 60 seconds to get the poll up? :D

Greetings fire_diver,
I have purchased a few items from Leisure Pro in the past. Partly for convenience and the price was good as well. I have always understood though going into the ordering process that regulators, BCD's, etc. the warrantees can be sketchy at best. This is just what I have been told. I know there are on-line dealers here on SB who are awesome and are great customer service dealers. I do not want to badger Leisure Pro because to be very honest I have never ordered anything that was in need of service. I try not to base to much on hear say but I do know of an example where a purchased regulator was actually a discontinued model. I just try to buy as much from the LDS as possible.
It is very tough these days to keep a shop open so I try to do my best. That being said I do shop around and feel good about spreading some business around and have enjoyed dealing with most of the on-line dealers as well. I wish you well in your shopping endeavors, happy hunting!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I had a mind numbing experience with Leisurepro once. I usually buy local, but if I can't get something I will reach out on line (LP, Scuba Toys, Joel at TDL, DiveRite Express etc)

I have purchased a few things from LP. Hardware , Force Fins and a Luminox watch.

Ah, the watch and the mind numbing experience. I ordered a Blue Face with rubber wrist band. Right after ordering I came across a close out sale on ScubaToys for about $20 less. Well I know LP has their price match guarantee so I called them back. The rep said no problem. They will check the ST site. Well apparently the rep took that a step further and found out the only blue face Luminox Scuba Toys had was one with a nylon band. I told him I knew that but ST had offered to swap bands with another watch. "Sorry, no deal".

So I said cancel. "Too late". Already have incurred shipping and handling. And if I sent it back after delivery, my card will still be charged for it. Oh well. It is only $20.00 , but pretty chicken ****.

I am a completely satisfied LP customer. I also purchase items from Scuba Toys. Both have been excellent. I have also purchased from Golem Gear with excellent service.

N

The fin socks, reef ID cards, spring straps, and other items I've bought from LP don't need a warranty. LP sells all sort of gear outside the Reg-BC stuff that people seem so hung up on.

I think you'll find that most people who post here frequently and read threads about LP will know that most items there don't come with the manufacturer warranty.

but I bet that most new divers or people who don't frequent scuba forms don't know that LP doesn't offer manufacturer warranties on a lot of their items.

I dont' have a problem with their store warranty. However I think they should disclose on their site which items are "grey market" and which aren't and don't come with the manufacturer warranty. (They do on their sister site Adorama cameras ironically).

I've had great experiences with all my online scuba shopping from a variety of sources, including LP. I'm sure there are going to be instances where there is a problem with custmer service... and if you've been around diving long enough, you'll hear of problems with local dive shops as well.

In the end, it is your money...spend it how ever you see fit. Since I have other things outside of scuba to spend mine on, I've chosen the online-route for many of my gear purchases and have been 100% satisfied so far.

Best wishes.

I think you'll find that most people who post here frequently and read threads about LP will know that most items there don't come with the manufacturer warranty.

but I bet that most new divers or people who don't frequent scuba forms don't know that LP doesn't offer manufacturer warranties on a lot of their items.

I dont' have a problem with their store warranty. However I think they should disclose on their site which items are "grey market" and which aren't and don't come with the manufacturer warranty. (They do on their sister site Adorama cameras ironically).

I'll bet you are wrong. It's pretty hard to even find an OW course sponsored by an LDS that does not take some of that classroom time to market the shop's wares and warn of the evils on online buying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom