Fort Lauderdale Local Diving- Tracey/Scutti AGAIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been checking into the local dive boats schedule for this Saturday A.M. Dives (9/12) and noticed that the majority of the main operators - American Dream, Dixie, Sea Experience, Pro Dive - all are going to the Ken Vitale/Tracey and Scutti at the same time.

:confused:

I realize I live in Diving Heaven and shouldn't complain, and the "wreck trek" dives are convenient and easily suitable for divers with varied experience, but why not offer a bit more diversity for the locals who have dived the "wreck trek" numerous times?

Just a suggestion from an avid local FTL diver. It looks like SFDH is offering a Rebel trip at that time so maybe we'll try that one.

I hear ya... I must have dived the Tracy 30 times over the years. Unfortunately, a lot of dive ops get on the treadmill, going to the easiest and closest one or two sites to maximize their efficiency. It so bad sometimes you have to go to a different op to get a different dive. It's always been this way and most all do it. It just takes time to notice. That's why I won't book a trip until I know where it's going. If not, I'll end up back on the Tracy again. If they tell me "Captain's Choice" on the phone, I won't book it. Because I know what that means...

Some of the operators are on this board and are very open to suggestions. I know ProDive is very good that way and I'm sure other dive ops would be if you nicely suggest some other spots they will be willing to change for their customers. But I do see how this can be frustrating.

If you get enough people together, you get to choose the spot. If 8 or more people dive with Capt. Bill Cole on Sea Explorer II, you save a lot of dough per diver AND you get to pick the sites, for instance. I'm sure most of the dive ops are like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom