Dutch Springs - 9/12, 9/13? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Dutch Springs - 9/12, 9/13?

Sponsored Link

parzdiver
September 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Didn't see a thread.... anyone diving this weekend at Dutch?

CJM
September 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Me... but Im training so I will chillax with you all at SI's

ScubaSam
September 9th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Strong possibility I'll be there on Saturday.

mrsea718
September 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Most likely going to be there Saturday.

ScubaSam
September 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Strong possibility I'll be there on Saturday.

Ehhh, I may have to do some training dives with my tech instructor but will visit during SI. :D

BettyRubble
September 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Training but definitely catch everyone on the SI

dsmclaughlin
September 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I'm picking up a tank from a friend Saturday a.m., after that I can head to Dutch. Probably get there by noon Saturday. No training for me this weekend, at least not officially.

CJM
September 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm picking up a tank from a friend Saturday a.m., after that I can head to Dutch. Probably get there by noon Saturday. No training for me this weekend, at least not officially.

Then lets do some unofficial training with the new DNY Weight Integrated system, you go first!!

dsmclaughlin
September 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Then lets do some unofficial training with the new DNY Weight Integrated system, you go first!!

Concrete overshoes? No thanks!

parzdiver
September 9th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Only if I can take my 40 lbs single wing AND my 60 lb double wing. And my dive jack-hammer.

parzdiver
September 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Training but definitely catch everyone on the SI

You doing your AOW? Who are you training with?

CJM
September 9th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Ahhh.. c'mon!!! Dont be like that:rofl3:

jhupka
September 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I might go up Sunday....I would like to drop the 6 pounds on my back plate...wonder how possible that would be

JimHar99
September 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I'll be there on Saturday with a buddy over on the peninsular side.

BettyRubble
September 9th, 2009, 11:31 PM
You doing your AOW? Who are you training with?

Paul - Rich's guy. Was blessed to receive it at a 'can't be refused' rate. Looking forward to doing it. Then I'm off to Morehead next weekend!!! Then ITTI after that . . . did I mention life is good? :D

Scubadude729
September 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Paul - Rich's guy. Was blessed to receive it at a 'can't be refused' rate. Looking forward to doing it. Then I'm off to Morehead next weekend!!! Then ITTI after that . . . did I mention life is good? :D

I'll be with Paul and her this weekend doing AOW, see ya guys during the SI

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM

You are a scuba diving fool. Bev told me Tuesday night you'd booked Morehead and the Keys. Plus you are doing ITTI. Sheesh. I'm jealous. I only have one trip left this year.

IVS was talking about their upcoming trips for 2010. Bonaire, Cozumel, and a couple other Caribbean locations were on the list. The big one is TRUK in November... I have to start saving now.

ScubaRich
September 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
IVS will be there, Stop by for some food and fun! You know where to find us!:D

dsmclaughlin
September 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM

Nice! You will enjoy the diving off Morehead City. I hope you have good weather for it.

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Looks like Sunday might be the only day for me. People keep asking me to do other things on Saturday.

IVS will be there, Stop by for some food and fun! You know where to find us!:D

I assume you mean the normal position on the student side?

Rich - do you know if you'll have any Pony bottles this weekend? I just want to get the feel for diving with one. See what it does to buoyancy.

BettyRubble
September 10th, 2009, 10:05 AM
You are a scuba diving fool. Bev told me Tuesday night you'd booked Morehead and the Keys. Plus you are doing ITTI. Sheesh. I'm jealous. I only have one trip left this year. I have to start saving now.

See that's where your philosophy is off . . . screw saving . . . Spend man, Spend!!! ;)

Nice! You will enjoy the diving off Morehead City. I hope you have good weather for it.

Thanks Dave! I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this trip. Alledgedly I'll be in a 3 mil . .. Oh yeah baby! A 3 mil!! (a year ago, no one could have told me I'd get this excited about putting on a 3 mil neoprene girdle)

:D

dsmclaughlin
September 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
See that's where your philosophy is off . . . screw saving . . . Spend man, Spend!!! ;)

I agree. Just think about all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.

Thanks Dave! I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this trip. Alledgedly I'll be in a 3 mil . .. Oh yeah baby! A 3 mil!! (a year ago, no one could have told me I'd get this excited about putting on a 3 mil neoprene girdle)

And a big knife, don't forget. :cool2:

BettyRubble
September 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I agree. Just think about all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.

And a big knife, don't forget. :cool2:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Exactly!!! Let the record show . .. Pammie will never waive off the dessert cart!!!!

Oh yeah, a big knife . . . I gotta get me one of those!

ScubaRich
September 10th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like Sunday might be the only day for me. People keep asking me to do other things on Saturday.

I assume you mean the normal position on the student side?

Rich - do you know if you'll have any Pony bottles this weekend? I just want to get the feel for diving with one. See what it does to buoyancy.

As far as I know we will be in the normal spot at the top o the hill! I don't know about the ponies you should prob call the shop on that one, I'll be there tonight and could find out then. Also I think I saw Dave lurking around on the board you could PM him.:D

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
As far as I know we will be in the normal spot at the top o the hill! I don't know about the ponies you should prob call the shop on that one, I'll be there tonight and could find out then. Also I think I saw Dave lurking around on the board you could PM him.:D

Thanks Rich - I e-mailed back and forth with Dave, he's going to set it up.

dsmclaughlin
September 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I am so looking forward to diving steel tanks again. OMS LP 98s.

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I am so looking forward to diving steel tanks again. OMS LP 98s.

Dave - you going to be there just Saturday afternoon or Sunday as well?

dsmclaughlin
September 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Dave - you going to be there just Saturday afternoon or Sunday as well?

I'm thinking both. You?

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I'm thinking both. You?

Sunday for a couple dives. My Saturday was hijacked.

BettyRubble
September 10th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Dave -- if everyone is training or unavailable Sat you should call either IVS or Dudas and see who they have diving Sat. I know Dudas is doing a really cool event Sat that includes a scavenger hunt.

jhupka
September 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I will be there sunday it appears....where are you guys going to be?

parzdiver
September 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'll probably be up on the student side. IVS is letting me try out a pony bottle. I want to give it a shot, see what it is like with a bottle under my arm.

jhupka
September 11th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I'll probably be up on the student side. IVS is letting me try out a pony bottle. I want to give it a shot, see what it is like with a bottle under my arm.
you really won't notice it underwater except reaching across your body

make sure to practice snapping and unsnapping the bottom and put it in front of you

parzdiver
September 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
you really won't notice it underwater except reaching across your body

make sure to practice snapping and unsnapping the bottom and put it in front of you

Dave from IVS gave me a decent run-down for buoyancy. First practice the clip/unclip while hovering, putting the bottle down on a platform and staying in the same position. Then practice unclipping, putting the bottle down on the platform, then recover the bottle and clip it on..... all while continuing to swim without touching your inflator.

djcheburashka
September 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I'm going to be there diving Sat. May have one or two with me. Anyone else going to be there? We'll probably be on the student side like two weeks ago.

CJM
September 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
For those of us on the Penn side, have we figured out food options? Anyone gonna be there who has a grill? or we just doing our own thing this time?

dsmclaughlin
September 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I'll show up on the student side around noon Saturday. Just diving for fun and practicing some basics like buoyancy and nav.

I'll bring a cooler with water and such.

Scubadude729
September 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM
For those of us on the Penn side, have we figured out food options? Anyone gonna be there who has a grill? or we just doing our own thing this time?

I'm down to bring something if we need to.

BettyRubble
September 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Crap - food . . .is anyone bringing a grill? If so I'm happy to bring stuff.

CJM
September 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I'm down to bring something if we need to.

No sense bringing anything if we cant get a grill

BettyRubble
September 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Well we can play it by ear Sat -- if someone shows up with a grill we can make a run to Wegmans to get what we need.

parzdiver
September 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
According to Rich, looks like the IVS grill will be there...... I know it's a hike to the student side...

BigHarryDiver
September 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I'll be there Sunday with one of my buds from DE. We're doing a Jersey wreck dive Wednesday (9-16), I'll post pix afterwards. We planned to dive in OC MD last Sunday but got blown out. Should of stuck with Dutch I guess.

dsmclaughlin
September 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'll be there Sunday with one of my buds from DE. We're doing a Jersey wreck dive Wednesday (9-16), I'll post pix afterwards. We planned to dive in OC MD last Sunday but got blown out. Should of stuck with Dutch I guess.

Cool, look forward to meeting you guys. Those of us [-]with no class[/-] who aren't training will be on the student side - go figure - seems like everyone is training on the peninsula side.

BettyRubble
September 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
DE as in delaware or DE as in defensive end????

I'd like to meet them if they are a Delaware person -- I've been trying to find some DE folks!

CJM
September 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Dave from IVS gave me a decent run-down for buoyancy. First practice the clip/unclip while hovering, putting the bottle down on a platform and staying in the same position. Then practice unclipping, putting the bottle down on the platform, then recover the bottle and clip it on..... all while continuing to swim without touching your inflator.

control all that with lung volume only.

parzdiver
September 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
control all that with lung volume only.

That's great in theory... but as with most things, practice is something completely different.

CJM
September 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Of course the practice makes perfect.. its definitely not something that comes naturally by any means... believe me I've done it.. Im certainly not saying it's easy for anyone to do. I know for a fact it's not something easily done.. The pony throws you off a bit.. In my experience once you get your peak buoyancy down without the extra bottle to where you can control every ascent and descent in and out of every obstacle, doing it with the pony isnt that much more difficult.

jhupka
September 11th, 2009, 05:56 PM
so wait a moment and allow me to get this straight.

After the huge silt out 2 weeks ago and everybody vowing not to return to the student side, it seems most "free" divers will be on the student side. ***???? Oh well I just want to dive.

I plan on trying to try to get rid of the single tank adapter 6 pound weight and see if I sink or float :D

Also about the pony bottle practice unclipping the bottom and twisting it in front of you and leading with it as you would do if going in a tight spot.

dsmclaughlin
September 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
so wait a moment and allow me to get this straight.

After the huge silt out 2 weeks ago and everybody vowing not to return to the student side, it seems most "free" divers will be on the student side. ***???? Oh well I just want to dive.

I don't mind the silt out. One of these days I had better get a reel and start practicing with it.

ScubaSam
September 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
According to Rich, looks like the IVS grill will be there...... I know it's a hike to the student side...

If you're gonna join IVS's grill, make sure to bring something.

DNYers are not moochers, it sets up bad diving karma. NO mooching, you guys bring something, even if it's water, soda, or chips!

I can see all your eyes are rolling and you're thinking, "what a biatch!!"

jhupka
September 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I don't mind the silt out. One of these days I had better get a reel and start practicing with it.

i was doing that at round valley

parzdiver
September 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM

I only have the finger reel at this point. Wreck reel soon :D

If you're gonna join IVS's grill, make sure to bring something.

DNYers are not moochers, it sets up bad diving karma. NO mooching, you guys bring something, even if it's water, soda, or chips!

I couldn't agree more Sam, always contribute! And as Dave always says, you can always throw a couple bucks in the IAHD donation bottle!

jhupka
September 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I only have the finger reel at this point. Wreck reel soon :D

If you are up there Sunday I can let you borrow one

parzdiver
September 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM
If you are up there Sunday I can let you borrow one

I think playing with the pony will be my main focus. Don't want to task load too much.

jhupka
September 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I think playing with the pony will be my main focus. Don't want to task load too much.

you will forget about the pony 5 minutes into the dive unless you still want to play with it.

Could always wear the reel to see how that feels too. The option is there for you, see you tomorrow

parzdiver
September 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM
you will forget about the pony 5 minutes into the dive unless you still want to play with it.

Could always wear the reel to see how that feels too. The option is there for you, see you tomorrow

Thanks, I may take you up on it.

I may also try my old paddle fins. Had my split fins disparaged lately (Aeris Velocity Duos) and want to see how my old SeaQuest Thrusters feel.

dsmclaughlin
September 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. I stopped by the student side today in the early afternoon and didn't find anyone I knew, so headed over to the peninsula where I ran into Chris, Paul, Pam and a couple more (Nick? and 1 other) on SI.

Originally posted by parzdiver:
I may also try my old paddle fins. Had my split fins disparaged lately (Aeris Velocity Duos) and want to see how my old SeaQuest Thrusters feel.

Don't listen to the haters! :D

jhupka
September 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Rich had the best idea today, sit in a chair in the shade and breeze and admire all the bikinis. Wow were there a lot of those today attached to some pretty fine divers

SCUBA Q
September 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Rich had the best idea today, sit in a chair in the shade and breeze and admire all the bikinis. Wow were there a lot of those today attached to some pretty fine divers

Ahhhhh! wish I could have been diving this weekend.

parzdiver
September 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Was it me, or were there a lot more decent looking female bodies at Dutch yesterday than there usually are?

ScubaSam
September 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ahhhhh! wish I could have been diving this weekend.
Ya missed out AGAIN, Q-man. You have horrible timing!!

Was it me, or were there a lot more decent looking female bodies at Dutch yesterday than there usually are?

Mike - Glad you had eye candy to make the day that much more enjoyable. :D

jhupka
September 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
LOTS and LOTS of eye candy

dsmclaughlin
September 14th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Jeremiah, sorry I missed seeing you there. Hope you got some good dives in.

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Had a great weekend with Pam, Chris, Rich, Paul, and Nick, good dives, fun SI's, hope to dive again with you all soon.

dsmclaughlin
September 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Mike can tell this story better than I can, but Sunday we found the reason for terrible viz in the back cove on the student side... it was two divers pulling mussels and mud clumps off the pier structure at around 25'... everything below that was a mess... thanks to the human cleaner shrimp! It was a good dive anyway though.

CJM
September 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Had a great weekend with Pam, Chris, Rich, Paul, and Nick, good dives, fun SI's, hope to dive again with you all soon.

Andy.. you were a good wingman at the Pig Pen.. Lets keep up the good work.. :D

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Alright pretty boy

ScubaSam
September 14th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Andy.. you were a good wingman at the Pig Pen.. Lets keep up the good work.. :D

Alright pretty boy

Sounds like a good story...:popcorn::popcorn:

CJM
September 14th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Alright pretty boy

YOU.. Come here!!!

Sounds like a good story...:popcorn::popcorn:

:rofl3::rofl3:, Sam, what happens at the Pig Pen STAYS at the Pig Pen!!

parzdiver
September 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM

On Sunday, Rich was using the "I'm a MOD now, so I have to watch what I say" excuse about not giving any details.

ScubaSam
September 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah, but that ONLY applies if I'm at the Pig Pen, if I'm absented then I wanna know!!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

BettyRubble
September 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

OMG have I got so many comments I could add . . .

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Not sure which was more entertaining the come hither finger or the 80 year old guy in the corner . . . or it could have been the bride pack . .. or maybe the poor waitress at chili's. . . or the speed show at the bowling alley --- I CAN NOT wait for that rematch gentlemen!!! And Paul stepped up his game on us!

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Paul was playing the wrong game though.

dbuggy
September 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I will set the record once I am fully recouperated!

dbuggy
September 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
.. or maybe the poor waitress at chili's. . .

"Bring me a lava cake now!!! dinner can wait!

BettyRubble
September 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
By the way . . I'd like to see Q and Andy in a bowling match head to head!!!

BettyRubble
September 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
"Bring me a lava cake now!!! dinner can wait!

I don't know what you are talking about!!!

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
:
. .. or maybe the poor waitress at chili's. . .

She may have been a poor waitress but she was probably a pretty good boxer challenging chris like that.

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
By the way . . I'd like to see Q and Andy in a bowling match head to head!!!

What kind of bowling?

parzdiver
September 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
What kind of bowling?

Turkey.

CJM
September 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM
She may have been a poor waitress but she was probably a pretty good boxer challenging chris like that.

:rofl3: Dude.. that chick had so much air between her ears she didnt get it at first.

CJM
September 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I will set the record once I am fully recouperated!

Simma down there cripple :cool2:

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
:rofl3: Dude.. that chick had so much air between her ears she didnt get it at first.

Don't give her credit, she probably still doesn't get it.

ScubaSam
September 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM

:rofl3: a real rocket scientist, eh?

dbuggy
September 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Simma down there cripple :cool2:

Easy there "Pretty boy" Or I'll give your FB info to the Heffer at the Double P!

CJM
September 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Don't give her credit, she probably still doesn't get it.

:rofl3: doubt it..

:rofl3: a real rocket scientist, eh?

Yeah, real typical

Easy there "Pretty boy" Or I'll give your FB info to the Heffer at the Double P!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

jhupka
September 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Jeremiah, sorry I missed seeing you there. Hope you got some good dives in.

pm me your number so I find you next time

ScubaSam
September 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM

So the bubblehead at the Double P called our Chris a "pretty boy"??

Posted via Mobile Device

parzdiver
September 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
pm me your number so I find you next time

Where were you set up Sunday? We were up by the IVS tent. I borrowed a pony and their grill. Unfortunately I forgot rolls, so it was Bratwurst-in-a-Cup!

Scubadude729
September 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
So the bubblehead at the Double P called our Chris a "pretty boy"??

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure he would wish it was her.

dsmclaughlin
September 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Where were you set up Sunday? We were up by the IVS tent. I borrowed a pony and their grill. Unfortunately I forgot rolls, so it was Bratwurst-in-a-Cup!

But the plastic cups were oh so delicious.

jhupka
September 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM

I was on the Peninsula side with The Scuba Connection tents. I saw the DNY students and said hello to them

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1