Lake Orford, Quebec...Wagon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Bud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey,

Has anyone from Quebec dove Lake Orford? There is supposed to be a wagon from a train in there but I was unable to find it. I dove in between the 3rd and 4th electric poles from the north, along the train track but I saw nothing. We were at about 50 feet but didnt find it.

Has anyone seen this wagon? how did we miss it? Mind you it was pretty dark down there, and cold (45C!!)

Thanks!

I hear there's not much left to see of the old wagon. You dove pretty much at the right place but with the low viz, it's easy to miss. Never seen it myself, I preferred to dive the cliff... until they put a fence to block the access :(

wardric, does the fence blocks the access from road 112? Or just the alternate path from the railroad? Haven't been there since june.... but we were planning to go back before winter to dive the cliff one last time.

the fence (or I should say the wall in that case) is located on the other side of the railroad and block access to the little "cove" that was close to the cliff site. You can still take the little gravel road (chemin des Diligences) or walk along the railroad but the access to water is now blocked. I'll have to try to find another close access.

You could park on road 112 and get in the water from where road 112 meets the lake (SE corner of the lake) but it's a nice swim I guess. Or as Celine would say, you could TAKE A KAYAK :wink:

Then there's the halte routière but it's just not as interesting.

Good luck and keep me informed if you find another access

Ok, thanks for the info. We've always done it swimming from road 112, where the road meets the lake. So we'll continue doing that. It's not such a long swim, and on the way back we usually stay underwater and swim in the shallowsection to look at the fishes.

Good.

Have a nice last dive before winter. We still have until mid january before the Memphremagog lake gets frozen. Nice trout dives ahead :)

I meant one last dive at this lake before winter. I don't plan on stopping until there's ice on the water... and even then ; )

speaking of lake Orford and ice diving, you just reminded me that it's there I made my first ice dive back in 1996... in a wet suit. We had a great time .

see ya

I did my cert dives in Lake Orford on May 30-31st. 50 degree water with less than 15ft visibility:wacko:

didn't know there was a wagon in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom