Trying to start a beach dive clean up need help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone i am trying to start a beach dive clean up with my school and wanted to know is there a good pier besides Dearfield Beach. Is Fort Laurdale pier a good area to clean up?? If this does work out will anyone on scuba board want to come?? This clean up will be for community service hours any one in high school you know you need hours :eyebrow:

Oh cool but is this in Florida because we really want to go clean up Lauderdale by the Sea. but i have my School SCUBA Meeting on Tuesday the 15th

Just to let you know you need to contact the authorities before you do this. It is illegal to remove any type of fishing gear from the water even if it is a ghost pot that looks like its been there for 10+ years. Great idea and good luck with the clean up.

Hi everyone i am trying to start a beach dive clean up with my school and wanted to know is there a good pier besides Dearfield Beach. Is Fort Laurdale pier a good area to clean up?

I think you'll find enough trash to pick up and ladies to check out at either beach to keep you happy. Good luck.

Thanks for the info Walker121. And i agree Soamelt xD i will talk to my uncle he is a USCG General and i could set something up if i get to talk to him =/....

They're having beach clean ups everywhere on the 19th.
My entire family is gearing up for a Jupiter Island clean up.
They also have folks out doing a clean up at Juno Beach the 1st Sat. of each month.
If I weren't so intently watching the little one at surfing school, I'd get more involved in that one.
As it is, my family is very eco aware and we pick up other folks garbage far too often.

I'd like to see an off shore clean up of the trash under the waves.
We should all don either snorkel or dive gear, walk down the beach into the surf and get moving on that.
I pick up crap (lots of beer cans and plastic shopping bags) everytime I go snorkelling or diving.

Just because you can't see it from shore doesn't mean it isn't there.

LoL i know and i am going to the deerfield beach one anyone going??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom