ATS Waist Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froid

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received my new size large Hollis ATS and the waist webbing belt is really long. It would fit someone with a 60" waist. The question is can I cut it to fit? I would be cutting at least 18" off the belt .

I also noticed there is Velcro on the part of the belt at both the releasable weight pockets.

I realize that this maybe a silly question, but I don't want to ruin the BCD.

Last edited:
I just received my new size large Hollis ATS and the waist webbing belt is really long. It would fit someone with a 60" waist. The question is can I cut it to fit? I would be cutting at least 18" off the belt .

I also noticed there is Velcro on the part of the belt at both the releasable weight pockets.

I realize that this maybe a silly question, but I don't want to ruin the BCD.

Froid,

We offer extra length on the waist strap should one need it. The advantage of using 2" webbing is that the extra length can be trimmed if necessary. Just be sure and not cut too much off. Use a lighter to burn the edges once cut.

Velcro on either side is to keep the retractor pocket in place once woven onto the waist strap.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom