Sherwood Wisdom Altitude Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcellreceptor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I have a Sherwood Wisdom computer. Recently, I noticed that the computer is indicating that I am at LVL2, even though I'm at sea level.

My local dive shop (Bamboo Reef in San Francisco) does not know how to troubleshoot this problem.

Is it possible to send the unit into Sherwood to diagnose the problem? If so, can you tell me what the cost would be for both diagnosis and to repair the unit if necessary?

bcellreceptor,

I have a Wisdom I which has the same altitude issue as yours above, and also began giving incorrect PSI readings on the last (luckily) dive of a recent trip. For example, when hooked up to a fresh tank, the Wisdom I read 4675 PSI as the initial tank pressure. The computer is 2 1/2 years old and has about 75 dives on it.

When I returned from the trip, I took the computer into the LDS where I had purchased the computer. They told me that they did not service the computers directly but would send it to Sherwood and let me know Sherwood's response. After a few days I received a call from my LDS stating that Sherwood would replace the "main module" for $200, which would essentially upgrade the computer from a Wisdom I to a Wisdom II. I really like the Wisdom I, and know that the Wisdom II is almost exactly the same, so I gave the go-ahead for the repair.

I haven't received the computer back yet; will let you know the results. I do know that my dive history will be lost as a result of the upgrade. :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom