What did you Forget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJoshCRNA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am about to do my first liveaboard...Ghazala ! in the Red Sea out of Sharm el Sheikh.
My question is what is one thing that you wish you would have had, but forgot to pack?

At one time or another virtually any item of dive gear you care to mention.

While that is true, in all seriousness ... what I hate most is not having the specific toothpaste that I prefer, I know that nuts ... but it's true and I've often gone to sea without it.

What I typically forget is the little repair stuff . . . matches, cave line, spare bolt snaps, duct tape, etc. I always feel stupid running around to everybody else to be able to fix something.

When are you going on your trip? I'm on a liveaboard in the Red Sea from 10/3 through 10/10 -- I'm getting pretty excited about it!

A motion-activated night light. My roommate kept the bathroom light on all night so that she wouldn't trip if she got up, and I don't sleep well with a light on.

The main thing I forget on a liveaboard trip is that you don't nee anywhere NEAR the amount of clothing that you'll pack.

:eyebrow:

For your first trip, get yourself packed. Then take half the clothes and pull them out of your suitcase. Then do that again. You'll still have too much stuff.

a power strip. bulldog clips for towels & wetsuits on the clothesline. ipod & speakers.

When are you going on your trip? I'm on a liveaboard in the Red Sea from 10/3 through 10/10 -- I'm getting pretty excited about it!

I'll be there 9/24 - 10/1 and then fly out to Cairo on the first for a few days. I am extremely excited!!!

a power strip. bulldog clips for towels & wetsuits on the clothesline. ipod & speakers.

On behalf of the other passengers, I'll ask that you leave the speakers home.

Thanks!

:cool2:

I'll be there 9/24 - 10/1 and then fly out to Cairo on the first for a few days. I am extremely excited!!!

I'm on a liveaboard in the Red Sea from 10/3 through 10/10 -- I'm getting pretty excited about it!

Which boats are you guys on? Our group chartered two Emperor boats (Superior and Infinity) back in the Spring. I hope you're doing some land tours as well while there. Would be a shame to go that far for OK diving but miss out on the REAL reason to visit the area.

We did a week of land tours (Cairo all the way down to Aswan, over to Abu Simbel) then did a 4-day nile cruise back up to Luxor. From there we transited to Hurgada to board the boats. After the L.O.B. we flew to Cairo for a day touring Old Cairo. Then we drove up to Alexandria where we dove the harbor and did two days of land tours. Highly recommended, phenomenal trip with OK diving. I would have been greatly disappointed if I went all that way just for the diving.

Nothing since my wife is completely ANAL about making packing lists for both of us. When we first got married the lists would start 6-8 weeks ahead of time. I've got her down to three weeks now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom