Troy springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazooka Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure if this is the right area, but has anyone ever dove Troy springs up north?

Is it worth the drive? What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Troy Springs is a beautiful spring. Lots to see in the basin and the run. Check out the link on my site for photos and more info.

Check out the State Park website...
Main Page - Troy Spring State Park Florida State Parks
As it says, I recommend going during the week if possible.
If you're driving up this way from Tampa, don't forget the other springs.
Oh yeah....just in case you're into "solo", all the state park dive sites require a buddy.

Thanks guys! Actually my wife has been down with shouder surgery, so I have been diving with some newer divers and new friends. I have done Blue Grotto and Devils Ginnie so many times I was looking for someplace new to take "the Crew" where we all could feel the sense of something new. Troy Springs looked good on the website and it is not that unmanagable of a drive from the Tampa area.

I would be interested if anyone else has recomendations for other springs I can dunk some people in.

Thanks!

Joe

Paradise and Alexander springs near Ocala, Blue Spring in Orange City, Manatee spring in Chiefland.

If you go, make sure you check out the spring run to the river. There is some really neat topography there and at the end of the run is whats left of the civil war era steam boat.

Thanks guys! Actually my wife has been down with shouder surgery, so I have been diving with some newer divers and new friends. I have done Blue Grotto and Devils Ginnie so many times I was looking for someplace new to take "the Crew" where we all could feel the sense of something new. Troy Springs looked good on the website and it is not that unmanagable of a drive from the Tampa area.

I would be interested if anyone else has recomendations for other springs I can dunk some people in.

Thanks!

Joe

Rainbow River in Dunellon (sp?).

Divebandit,
You mention the "spring run" at Troy. I'm thinking of diving there and checked it out topside the other day (I'm about 45 min from it). What do you mean? Sorry if that's a simple question, most of my dives have be OW. Another question about Troy (and other springs like it). Do you need a dive flag? Again, I've seen it from the surface, can't think of why you'd need one, but I do want to follow the rules so they'll keep it open. Thanks.

Cb900c82

The run has a cool little swim through and some other neat features. Plus there are (was when I was there) tons of turtles in the run. The civil war wreck is pretty neat to look at too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom