Oculina Reef Presentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Tomorrow (Sun 9/13) is my day at the Barrier Island Center. My talk is on the "Oculina Bank", a massive deep water reef extending from Ft Pierce to Cape Canaveral. It was on the brink of destruction 20 years ago due intense trawling. Now with major efforts by NOAA, Harbor Branch Foundation and certain special people in the commercial shrimping industry...it's being nursed back to health!

Show time is 2 pm at the Barrier Island Center located on AIA about 3 miles north of Sebastian Inlet, beach side. Anyone in the area is invited. Admissions to the show and Barrier Island Center are free!

Joe

Yeah, Parkland is a bit far away...my cousin lives there!

I was up visiting friends in MI over the weekend (and watching Notre Dame loose to MI), would have liked to attend. How did the presentation go..... is there anything posted anywhere that we can read in regards to your subject matter??

The presentation went perfect! Tomorrow I'll try to put it on my website

yeah, i'd like to see/read the presentation as well..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom