Perfect dive site.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRESSIDVR9

Reaction score
O.k.
Ive posted this before way back but never followed up on it.
I have 75 achers of land sitting here doing nothing for me.
Ive always had the idea of making a nice dive site because there arent any around this area. Divers have to travel hours to dive.
I was thinking of maybe at least a 10-15 acher site maybe the deepest dive would be 110' or so. Build a few training platforms and add a few dive attractions. Ive never heard of anyone building their own dive site though I do know people who have purchased quarries. We really need something like this in this area and no im not looking at making a killing off of it. Just a place for divers to come and enjoy a nice dive or do thier training. Does this sound unreal or would it have possiblities?

All comments welcome (Good or Bad)
Thanks
David

how do you propose to get water to your dive site.....

R

Although I live in Texas, you site would not be beneficial...however, we have two sites around Dallas that the proprietors have done exactly this. Might want to check out their sites, also might be able to help you with logistics, etc.

www.clearspringsscubapark.com

www.athensscubapark.com

There is already a small pond in the area where i am thinking of doint his.The pond is spring fed.
Also I have a friend who has a well service and he has a pond that is somewhere around 1.5 achers and he has a well in the center that constantly supplies water to the pond and the water stays pretty clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom