OMS BackPlate/Delux Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to buy this, what should I expect to pay for the following:

http://www.omsdive.com/ad-harness.html,
I would like get what you see on Fig. 2 Harness System with one (1) shoulder side release, and a crotch strap. Two no-sag weight pockets. and, and 45lb wings (no bungee); I will be attaching single tank. so, do I'll need single cylinder adapter...

BTW, any review on that STA? how does it hold up?
I will be using it with single OMS 125 and OMS 112;

Thanks,
-V

VTernovski once bubbled...
I want to buy this, what should I expect to pay for the following:
In Euros? Pesos? Maybe dollars?

Where are you from? Where will you be buying this?

Perhaps it's time to go to your profile and update at least your location so we have some hint as to where you're coming from (literally)!

Roak

sorry, I am in NEW YORK, NY USA>

new to the board, not familiar with profile settings yet...( or rather didn't care for it)

Go to the Leisure Pro web site. They generally have the best prices on OMS gear, and you may be able to save shipping if you can get to the store. The STA is a very solid piece of gear, and works well!

Matt

hack, I work across the street from LeisurePro!

But.... I had previous bad experience with LeisurePro; so I am now afraid to buy anything "complicated" from them. Actually, other than cheap dive lights and masks.

I bought OMS tanks from them, and the valves they sold me were messed up - exactly the same thing on the both tanks. Inside the valve (DIN valve, but behind the DIN-to-Yoke screw in adapter) there was some kind of buildup of I don't even know what. It almost looks like somebody was trying to use these valves with oxygen. I noticed this when I tried to convert these tanks to Nitrox and a LDS refused to do this as marking those valves unsafe. LeisurePro had no comment on that and made no attempts to help me by replacing the valves because I didn't;t have an original receipt of purchase.

I also bought a couple of dive computers from them and realized that the manuals were not there. they later mailed me the manuals, but I could notice that those manuals were re-produced by somebody else, i.e. they were not the original factory manuals.

I also know someone who bought a BC from them, and the low pressure inflator valve was totally fake inside as discovered by another local dive shop technician.

I also witness on three different occasions that people were bringing some regulators back saying that they weren't breathing properly. I didn't notice which brand cuz I knew I will never buy regulators from them anyway, so I kinda wasn't surprised.

Back
Top Bottom