If MicroSoft made Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
help me out here:

If ms made dive computers would they reboot durring deco?

it would say "you have performed an illegal dive please goto the nearest chamber"

Ed

NO DOUBT... that's a good one...

more likely you would get the blue screen of death... literally

I posted something similar to that not to long ago... just can't remember where... I think I put like this...

"Your dive profile has just returned a fatal exception...Abort, Retry, or kiss your arse goodbye?"

They could name it the "Deep6"

You have exceeded your depth limit! Press any key to abort, or any other key to continue...

You have lost contact with your dive buddy! If you see this message again please contact your Dive administrator.

Use of DiverOW or DiverAOW is not supported by this diving system; Please upgrade skills to DiverRD or better...

Could not connect to the dive boat. Would you like to proceed and try to connect to the Dive Boat later? Y/N

:tease:

It would come (illegally??) packaged/integrated with the 'outsideworld interface' allowing you to only use Microsoft 'deep dreath' regulator, 'keep warm' wetsuit, 'big kick' fins, etc...

It would report to microsoft whenever you try and install other dive gear,

Other dive gear that works perfectly well would suddenly fail every 30 seconds

When any subunit crashes it will take the whole system down

It would cease to work every 6 months when they bring out a new operating system

It would be obsolete as soon as you buy it

It will integrate with anything..... as long as its microsoft

any more you guys?

Jon T

NetDoc, I think this has appeared on Rodale's top ten.

Tables would make a triumphant return.

An abacus and hourglass would be carried for redundancy.

The computer would work perfectly until you were just at the best part of the dive, ready to click that picture of the elusive Thatsashark, when the thing beeps not once, not twice, but thrice, displays a message that your camera is non compatible with this computer, and the thing begins to smoke. Yes the computer begins smoking underwater. WHY? Well, because it was the self-destruct mechanism, which was only placed in the beta version, which was for demo purposes only, and since you have used up your 14 minutes on this beta version computer, you must now by the 'real' version, or 'millenium' edition.

It would have chants to memorize during those deco stops... <to the tune of Batman music> na na na na LEADER!

The only place that the thing would work properly is in Lake Washington.

Too bad this wasn't about IBM, then it could be called Deep Blue, (for you non-chess fans, Deep Blue was a computer that played Kasparov)

Backups???

We don't need no stinkin' backups!!!

clink, groan.... freeze....

opps... anybody got a backup???

:tease:

I'd have to cut the regulator hose on that little winking paperclip...I HATE that thing!..

Zagnut! ROTFLMAO! Ha!

Instead of "It looks like your writing a letter..." the little paper clip could say: "It looks like your diving..."

Back
Top Bottom