Hollywood FL recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thumbsplitter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

My wife and I will be in Hollywood Fl in early Dec., and are planning on diving for 3 days. Can anyone recommend a good operator to dive with?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Welcome! I live in Dania Beach near the Hollywood border. In order of my personal preference:

1. SeaXP - Scuba Diving - Snorkeling - Fort Lauderdale
  2. ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II
  3. Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training
  4. Coastal Marine Diving Supplies
If you want to drive to Miami instead, here is a popular favorite:
You'll be about an hour and a half from Key Largo, it's worth the trip down for a half day charter!

Wow, Thanks for all the good advice. I didn't realize that Key Largo was so close. Does anyone recommend a dive op down there?

The very closest one is Spencer Slate's, and he does a critter feed twice a week. I went out on the coral spawning with them last week and had a ball. captainslate.com

Many people here are very loyal to Silent World. Their boats leave from the same place as Slate's. Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida

If you drove another 20-25 minutes (depends on traffic) you'd get to my favorite upper keys Dive Op, conch Republic. CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP"

There are many other great dive ops in Key Largo. Bottom line for me would be to call around and see what they are diving on the day you're headed down there. Try for a Friday. The boats will be less crowded, and I'm off on Fridays and might be able to join you. :) EDIT: Early December, well, I'm a warm water wuss, let me see what the temps are before I commit!

Once again, thanks for the advice Debby. I'll let you know which one we decide to go with in case you decide to join us after all. The more the merrier! Of course, we may need to rent you a drysuit for those freezing Key Largo waters! :wink:

Thanks again!

We'll see, if the water stays somewhat warm I could be talked into it. If nothing else, I'd love to have lunch with y'all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom