Elite vs Elite 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njclifford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,

quick background - bought what I thought was 2009 Elite 2 (from catalogue). Upon delivery, was given 2008 Elite. The 2009 gear had not cleared customs for down under, and was told to wait until around August for it to be available. I was told to keep the 2008 Harness, and swap it when the new one came in.

This level of service is fantastic, and a big shout out to my LDS and Oceanic / HOLLIS rep.

Now, onto the differences - I am so happy with the Elite 2. I found with the Elite, pulling down on the chest straps would change the webbing around my waist - the Elite 2 has removed this by having metal buckles near the backplate on the waist webbing. Also, putting it together is a lot easier - the upper shoulder strap area is a LOT easier with the Elite 2.

Needless to say I am VERY HAPPY with the Elite 2, and with the S38 wing (08 model) makes for a very attractive setup.

Thanks again to my LDS and local rep for the help.

And thanks Hollis for a great set of gear!

Nick

Howdy,

quick background - bought what I thought was 2009 Elite 2 (from catalogue). Upon delivery, was given 2008 Elite. The 2009 gear had not cleared customs for down under, and was told to wait until around August for it to be available. I was told to keep the 2008 Harness, and swap it when the new one came in.

This level of service is fantastic, and a big shout out to my LDS and Oceanic / HOLLIS rep.

Now, onto the differences - I am so happy with the Elite 2. I found with the Elite, pulling down on the chest straps would change the webbing around my waist - the Elite 2 has removed this by having metal buckles near the backplate on the waist webbing. Also, putting it together is a lot easier - the upper shoulder strap area is a LOT easier with the Elite 2.

Needless to say I am VERY HAPPY with the Elite 2, and with the S38 wing (08 model) makes for a very attractive setup.

Thanks again to my LDS and local rep for the help.

And thanks Hollis for a great set of gear!

Nick

Hi NJClifford,

Thanks for the review and your purchase! The Elite 2/S38 combo is an excellent single tank rig which provides lots of adjustment and comfort.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom